Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Sep 16, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Essex Benjy's!
Imagineer

Paid $2.10 today near Busch Gardens and it was less than $18 to fill up a Kia Rio.
Just noticed they have charged my credit card nearly £500 deposit as I refused their extra waiver undercarriage , keys and glass.
It's not showing as pending now. They didn't even tell me they were doing it and it stated $200 deposit at the desk.
Avoid Advantage rent a car at SFB ( arranged through Europcar )
Il get it back ( well I won't be paying it ) but it's excessive to say the least.
Essex Benjy's! is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Essex Benjy's! View Post
Paid $2.10 today near Busch Gardens and it was less than $18 to fill up a Kia Rio.
Just noticed they have charged my credit card nearly £500 deposit as I refused their extra waiver undercarriage , keys and glass.
It's not showing as pending now. They didn't even tell me they were doing it and it stated $200 deposit at the desk.
Avoid Advantage rent a car at SFB ( arranged through Europcar )
Il get it back ( well I won't be paying it ) but it's excessive to say the least.
Can I confirm - are you saying the $500 dropped off pending or it's actually been collected from your cc account? If collected it's a lot naughty, that's not how the deposit is supposed to work.

I had to smile, some desk agents really do get the hump when one refuses their hard sell. Unfortunately they see tired Europeans as easy prey following the hop across the pond.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I had to smile, some desk agents really do get the hump when one refuses their hard sell. Unfortunately they see tired Europeans as easy prey following the hop across the pond.
Yep like the young guy at Budget SFB in June who announced 'there's $1000 excess on your car'.

As I'd booked direct with Budget UK with full insurance etc. I asked him what he was on about. He then tried to justify it by adding together all the favourite add-ons stuck across the desk top.

I told him that all we were buying from him was the gas (and he should have thought himself lucky with that as my fuse is short after 8+ hours flying :angry: )
Old 6 Sep 16, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

it's a bit annoying at first having to make 2 trips in to the shop but once you get used to how much the tank takes you can guesstimate reasonably well.

I googled the car we had last time (Ford Expedition) and checked the specs so was aware it had a 26gal tank, so filling up with the light on guessed it would take 23gal. Gas was $1.929/gal when we were there so $45 filled it up.

Not all gas stations have the weird lever to lift!

Some pumps have only one nozzle but will dispense 87, 89 or 91 octane fuel - press the button for the cheapest 87 octane fuel.

At current exchange rates $2.099/gal is 41p a litre so it's still ludicrously cheap!
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The one above is on Vineland very near Longhorns and the Mall.
Somebody posted on here about 3 weeks ago I think, they got caught out
I noticed that one the other week at $5.99 when everywhere else was around $2.19😳😳😳
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dave View Post
I noticed that one the other week at $5.99 when everywhere else was around $2.19😳😳😳
Yep buyer beware, if they've posted the prices and you pay it, its on you if you're paying 3x as much.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread