Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 Dec 16, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Our DD's paid $173 each to upgrade from a 14 day ultimate to a DVC gold (no water parks) option last September.
Gold pass was about $584 so that gave a value of $411 for the 14 day ticket.

I don't think what's actually paid for the UK ticket is taken into account more the equivalent US ticket cost.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Our DD's paid $173 each to upgrade from a 14 day ultimate to a DVC gold (no water parks) option last September.
Gold pass was about $584 so that gave a value of $411 for the 14 day ticket.

I don't think what's actually paid for the UK ticket is taken into account more the equivalent US ticket cost.
If they take the latest price it's likely to be more than you paid. That's a win for us.

If they take the price of purchase, albeit the dollar ticket as you say, then they need to go back in time to see how much that ticket cost when you purchased it.

So they either lose out or keep records of past prices to hand.

EDIT: Of course the AP could rise in line with tickets too, so maybe that does balance things out if the former option is taken.

Edited at 08:31 PM.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 16, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

I'm intrigued now...

Does anybody know of a site that quotes historical data for Disney World ticket prices, including all multi-day and annual pass tickets?

I've found annual passes and single day entry so far.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 16, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
I'm intrigued now...

Does anybody know of a site that quotes historical data for Disney World ticket prices, including all multi-day and annual pass tickets?

I've found annual passes and single day entry so far.
A quick Google later, allears/tix/tixincrease.htm follow the links on the page to see US multiday ticket prices.
This was the first hit...

I've not seen anything comparing UK ticket prices yet.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
A quick Google later, allears/tix/tixincrease.htm follow the links on the page to see US multiday ticket prices.
This was the first hit...

I've not seen anything comparing UK ticket prices yet.
Thanks for the link!
Very interesting (well, to me anyway).

I haven't seen anywhere do the same with UK ticket prices either.

It's much harder with the UK ticket prices because they change price far more often than the US ones. The UK tickets have changed price at least 4 times this year already.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Because no one was asking for it...

I've plotted some of the ticket prices from the above link as a graph. It's the sort of thing I like to do. Below are the ticket prices of the Magic Your Way Base tickets for adults from 2005 to today:

Things to note:
  • The price break point is at the 4 day base ticket. The 1, 2 and 3 day tickets have large steps in the prices. Whereas from 4 day tickets and above the price for additional days increase by small amounts. The price difference between a 2 and 3 day ticket is greater than the difference between the 3 day ticket and a 7 day ticket.
  • The 1 day ticket has increased roughly linearly in price - even with the advent of separate tickets for MK and seasonal pricing (the graph uses the price for a regular season MK ticket). The percentage increase each year for the 1 day tickets has been fairly constant at around 5%.
  • Tickets with more days tend to have a highest percentage increase costs than those with less days.

And here's a graph of the overall yearly percentage increase of all tickets:

Things to note:
  • The yearly increase was around 5% until 2010.
  • The period from 2010 to 2013 saw a larger percentage increase (around 8%) across all tickets.
  • 2015 had the lowest overall increase of MYW ticket prices - around 3%.
  • This year had the highest percentage increase across the tickets - around 8.5%
  • In general MYW ticket prices have increased by around 6% per year, give or take a couple of percent.

Apologies to the OP - this has nothing to do with their original post!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 16, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Thanks BigHal for the link and many thanks to Nimbus for the analysis. I originally dismissed that link because it appeared to only provide single day information.

Having not looked at the data yet, can you summarise if possible the relation between 14 day passes (when considered as dollar tickets) and annual passes that provide equivalent or similar access to parks and attractions. Thanks.

I realise recent APs have been granted 13 month access so that would need to be factored in at some point.

What I'm getting at here is to understand if 14 day to AP conversion is cheaper than buying APs upon arrival, as well as historically speaking.
Old 14 Dec 16, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

I decided to try Disney again and I now have to eat my hat, or my own peanuts, as the response was much better.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

You will pay the price difference between both passes. The 14 day-Ultimate ticket will be converted to US Dollars. Guest Relations will be able to scan your ticket to see the pricing paid and then they will calculate the pricing between the 2 passes. The conversion would be done when you are here on the Walt Disney® property based on the currency exchange rate on that day. Your annual pass will be valid for 1 year from the 1st day you activated the 14 day-Ultimate ticket. Activation will be upon first entry into a theme park.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Trinsey Bias
So apparently the ticket holds the key to the original price.

I assume if I haven't activated it then the AP will start from the date of purchase.
Old 14 Dec 16, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Florida resident annual passes are only offering 13 months if purchased through January 3rd 2017.

I don't know if it's the same cut off date for other passes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Florida resident annual passes are only offering 13 months if purchased through January 3rd 2017.

I don't know if it's the same cut off date for other passes.
Thanks for that. I don't know why I thought it was open to everyone. I thought I had a Disney email about it, but I must have been having a bout of senility