Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Oct 17, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Talking

ALAMO booked an economy with Virgin inc package
Very relaxed at MCO, no pressure, no having to tip anyone to make them go away or get what we wanted.
We just asked and got this beast, FORD F150. Husband loved driving it however i didn't as i was put off by size.
Prob not very economical but spacious and fun!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hirer= Alamo
Location= mco
Class requested= luxury
Car= Audi Q3

Overall really decent car hired from alamos luxury section. Boot easily able to take 2x full size hardbody cases plus 2 hand luggage. Sat nav on car but not working. Good sound system. Properly managed around 22mpg overall. Best of all have it back with 5 miles of fuel left sadly not the 0 miles but a good effort.

sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Category of car hired:- Standard SUV
Make of car you got:- Ford Explorer Limited
Hire car company used:- Alamo (brits)
Paid - £316 all in

Arrived at MCO on 5th October, went straight to the Alamo parking lot. No sign of a Ford Explorer which I was determined that I wanted. I went back to the kiosk to ask one of the assistants if she had a Ford Explorer and explained that I had always wanted one. She did a quick phone call to her boss and about 5-10 mins later after hanging around not sure whether I was getting the car I wanted or not and then one of the staff drew up in a Ford Explorer... great success! I gave $20 to the assistant that I had originally spoken too and off we went.
Very nice car with all the mod cons you could ask for including full leather interior, Sat Nat (although I still used my own Sat Nav as I prefer it)... with the option of Sport mode which I used all the time! Although I needed a few trips to the gas station but I was on holiday so hey ho!
The seats went flat in the back which was ideal for the cases and this was done at the flick of a switch.
All in all fab car!

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Category of car hired:- Standard SUV
Make of car you got:- Ford Explorer Limited
Hire car company used:- Alamo Brits
Dates:- 06/09 - 16/09

First of all apologies it’s taken me so long to get this up! Kept forgetting about it..

I have made a thread previously about how I got the Explorer but I’ll go over it briefly. Arrived at the garage at about 4pm, a fairly decent amount of cars were in the Standard row but nothing that really took my fancy, a lot of Journeys and Santa Fe’s. Wandered around for probably around 5 mins or so and decided I would go and ask at the kiosk to see if any Explorers were coming round soon, the guy radioed through and told me someone would bring one round for me! Waited by the kiosk for about 10 mins and it finally came round, a staff member jumped out and asked if it was for me, showed them my paperwork, they tried telling me I hadn’t hired the right category so couldn’t have it at first.. But I explained I asked the other guy and he radioed and said all was ok and then they handed me over the keys!

Fantastic car all round, apart from the interior colour... Working sat nav, heated seats, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, electrically adjustable drivers and passenger seats. Averaged low 20’s mpg. We had the rear 2 seats folded flat the whole time as only 2 if us, this is all done by touching a button so really simple, electric tailgate as well that closed at the touch of a button. It survived Irma as well so good build quality!

A great car all in all and would recommend to anyone hiring a Standard SUV.

Stringaa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

Place you picked the car up from:- MIAMI AIRPORT
Category of car hired:- COMPACT
Make of car you got:- NISSAN SENTRA
Hire car company used:- BUDGET VIA EASYCAR
Dates:- 01/11 - 10/11

Surprisingly bigger than i thought originally when booking it said focus or similar and we thought we might have to put one of the bags on back seat. but was more than big enough we might have got a small pushchair in there or another small hand luggage case in the trunk as well.

was fine inside plenty of room for two adults and a toddler or possibly two smaller children, also we had 2 large suit cases, one hand luggage bag in the boot, but i truly realised how much i hate cvt gearboxes

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon

Edited at 01:25 PM.
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Place you picked the car up from:- ORLANDO AIRPORT
Category of car hired:- STANDARD SUV
Make of car you got:- FORD EDGE
Hire car company used:- ALAMO BRITS
Dates:- 05/11 - 19/11

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Place you picked the car up from:- ORLANDO AIRPORT
Category of car hired:- Full Size SUV
Make of car you got:- Picked a Chevy Tahoe from the line up
Hire car company used:- ALAMO BRITS
Dates:- 13/10/17 to 31/10/17

This is a stange one... the rear wiper coverage was not in the centre of the window... as can be seen here -- poor design ?

Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Alamo Oct/Nov

Booked standard suv from Alamo.The first car was a Jeep Grand Cherokee from MCO Full leather, heated and cooling seats, panoramic sunroof and working sat nav.

The next car was again from Alamo Port Everglades. Booked full size car and received a Chevrolet Impala, full leather and just 22 miles on the clock, still had the plastic on it.

We don’t travel light and both cars were very comfortable and more than pleased with what we managed to get.

Edited at 02:37 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
highgates
Gone all Goofy

Dodge Challenger RT in premium line up.

Place-- Orlando Airport.
Company-Alamo Brits.
Category-Premium PCAR.
Taken-2018 Dodge Challenger RT 5.7 V8 hemmi,8speed auto.
Dates-15/10/17--28/10/17.

The Challenger RT was parked in the premium section along with a 2018 Camaro RS.We did try the Camaro but rear seating not suitable for a family of 4 (2 adults/2 teens).

Drivers seat in driving position and rear passenger leg room show in photo(I'm 5'10).

Trunk spacious,fitted 3 medium hard cases and 4 cabin cases inside.

Edited at 10:17 PM.
highgates is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Place-- Orlando Airport.
Company-Alamo - though ocean florida
Category-Midsize SUV.
Taken-Premium Suv - Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie QuadCab 5.7 V8 hemi,auto.
Dates-03/11/2017 - 19/11/2017.

When we booked the holiday we got a free upgrade to a midsize suv but always wanted a pickup truck. When we got to the Alamo garage there were only 2 jeeps left one was being loaded and the other was a 3 door Jeep Wangler so got told to pick anything from the Standard line my dad picked a Ford Edge Titanium pictures to follow below, went up and down the standard row but no trucks so went back to one of the staff to ask if we could take a pickup as my son really wanted one (hehe use the young to pull on the heart strings it worked) they said sure pick any you want.

Yes it fit

oh dear glad its not uk price

Yes Heated and cooled seats amazing

Loads of room

Now to the Ford

Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
alamo, avis, avis preffered, budget, car hire, compact, dollar, full size, hertz, intermediate, midsize, mini van, sixt, standard, suv, thrifty