Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

We have done this for last few year, although hubby has done it for many years with son, they go a golf holiday with friends, so myself, my friend and dd go off at same time, New York usually but this year Vegas.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ive done a weekend with 4 friends most years since we all met at work over 17 years ago (we dont work at the same place anymore). Weve been to London, Edinburgh, Dublin, York, a few spar breaks and a couple of years ago we went to New York for some special birthdays. I have loved them all! We are different ages but all have similar interests - sight seeing, shopping, spas, shows and wine 🍷 😆

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My friends and I are going away next weekend. We did the same last year (only do it once a year) and have a great time!

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Apprentice Imagineer

I love a girls weekend!
In terms of my own friendship group a couples weekend would be really non-inclusive as we are not all coupled up. Im very conscious of that when we arrange stuff.
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

I didnt do it when my kids were young, no time or finance! Now they are older I have had a couple of girls long weekends and really enjoyed it. DH has a couple of friends who stay a few hours drive and he goes there for a weekend with the boys. We have holidays together too but its nice to spend some time with our friends as well.
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I love my girls trips! Next one is Portugal in October for a friends 50th. Its fantastic to just be able to relax and only think of yourself for a few days 🤩🤩🤩
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Me and my best friends are planning a no partners trip for our 40ths.

My other half wouldn't appreciate a couples trip...
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Have just returned from a long weekend in Seville with 2 friends I used to go to school with. We save a little each month and this trip was for our 50th birthdays. We went to Barcelona for our 40th and are continuing with the savings pot for our 60th. My closest friend lives in Spain so I visit her alone as well. Its great to have a bit of time away with friends and its nice to not have a constant Mum being said every few minutes.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My sister is 40 next week as 4 of us have tickets to see magic mike to celebrate so we booked a premier inn and tickets for the London eye too. I have never had any other girls only breaks since I have been married but mainly as if I were paying for a holiday and using annual leave I would rather be with my family. However this hasnt cost loads, it hasnt required any time off and we have been to London loads including a trip booked in may so I dont feel my family are missing out!
These are all my feelings though, DH and DS are more than happy for me to go!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have had a few spa weekends and loads of spa days with close friends since the kids were born and one city break. Most of my close friends partners are good friends with my OH and kids are good friends too so we spend time as families together, often going on short holidays.

If a friend initiated a weekend break I would go but at the moment I dont think I would suggest one. I enjoy spending time as a family and I think being away from them for anything longer than two days would not be enjoyable for me. I think as the kids get older it might on the cards more. I used to go on lots of girls holidays but we all transitioned to couples holidays before we had kids.

OP In your situation I would go but have a word with the organiser that you dont necessarily want to take part in The adventurous activities or too much night clubbing. I think I would also tell her why you feel uncomfortable, your weight isnt a reason to hold you back though. When youre there having fun I bet it wont even matter. See if you can find an outfit that you feel ok in. I belong to a wonderful Facebook group called styledbysusie tribe which has some great clothing ideas for women of all shapes sizes and ages. All about trying to support other women and give them a confidence boost. Id highly recommend it if you want some ideas.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List