Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Oh dear at the grey stuff cupcake.

We found Polite Pig too busy the other week two, it was bedlam, I had really wanted to try it too. We ended up at PH and had the best burger ever there.
We did manage Polite Pig later.

I couldn’t believe the state of that cupcake. Or my belief that it would be ok . We had a good laugh about it!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh yay you've started. Great that you managed to get s Mickey pretzel on day 1, that's the way to begin a Disney trip.

My DD would 100% agree with you about the burgers at D-luxe. She thought they were really greasy, but also the best burgers she's ever eaten!

I'm looking forward to reading all about your food.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh yay you've started. Great that you managed to get s Mickey pretzel on day 1, that's the way to begin a Disney trip.

My DD would 100% agree with you about the burgers at D-luxe. She thought they were really greasy, but also the best burgers she's ever eaten!

I'm looking forward to reading all about your food.
Oddly we don't often have a Mickey Pretzel but I really like them.

Those burgers are fab!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Day 3 - Docking Bay 7, Backlot Express, El Mercado de Coronado

Today we were planning on tackling Hollywood Studios EEMH. We set an alarm for 5am but woke before it and had a breakfast of one of the muffins each.

We were in Galaxy’s Edge when we decided it was time for second breakfast so went to Docking Bay 7. I didn’t think the menu looked particularly great but at least it was breakfast so we both got a Bright Suns Breakfast which came with three cheese egg bite, pork sausage, purple potato hash and a Mustafarian Lava Roll (cinnamon bun). We got a Moof Juice each to drink which is Simply Fruit Punch, Simply Orange with Pineapple and Chipotle pineapple.

I thought this was ok but Marie really didn’t and only really ate the Mustafarian Lava roll. Bit of a fail there on the part of Docking Bay 7 and I doubt we’d go back. The Moof Juice was nice enough with a bit of a kick.

We spent some time in Galaxy’s Edge and the Launch Bay then started to get hungry again. Options for 3rd breakfast were poor as not much was open but we headed to Sunset Boulevard to see what was open. We ended up with a Churro for Marie and another Mickey pretzel for me. We were going to share but by the time Marie offered me a bit of the churro there was an inch left. We dipped the pretzel in both the cheese sauce and the chocolate sauce that came with the churro (not at the same time). It worked with either.

We were still in the park at lunch time and due to the number of Love Bugs out I wanted to be inside so that limited our options to ABC Commissary and Backlot Express. ABC Commissary doesn’t really do anything for us so we ended up at Backlot Express as usual.
I got a cheeseburger and Marie got the garlic ranch chicken sandwich. Marie also decided to get alcohol this time and got a Strawberry Daiquiri.

My burger was nice and Marie really liked her sandwich.

We left not long after lunch and went to the outlets and then Publix where we hoped to get some Cookies & Cream pie. In fact we did and then also had to buy plates to eat it from. We got them in the clearance section for $1 each.

We were really tired in the evening so went to El Mercado for dinner. We both got the Yucatan chicken. Marie got a beer and I subbed my drink for an oreo cupcake in the hope it would be similar to a Masters Cupcake! The chicken was really nice and I even ate my veg!

I didn’t eat the cupcake that night but instead had some pie with some hot chocolate we’d got in our mugs.

Credits used – 6 QS, 2 snacks

Trip Report Index
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can’t believe your back home and that you have started already and I have missed it!
Everything looks good so far, nice to see the hurricane muffins-thankfully no hurricanes for you this time! The poor grey stuff doesn’t look delicious in your paper cup. I hope Polite Pig isn’t that busy next year there could be hanger issues!
Looking forward to reading more😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Can’t believe your back home and that you have started already and I have missed it!
Everything looks good so far, nice to see the hurricane muffins-thankfully no hurricanes for you this time! The poor grey stuff doesn’t look delicious in your paper cup. I hope Polite Pig isn’t that busy next year there could be hanger issues!
Looking forward to reading more😊
I was worried we'd get sick of hurricane muffins .

Yes thankfully we were not even bothered by any storms.

I think the picture of my cupcake should be shown next to Lumiere saying "try the grey stuff, it's delicious" .

Trip Report Index
Old 5 Oct 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Ooh following, great report
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Glad you have a good holiday! I’m always in for a good report! We’re doing quick service this time so looking for all the tips I can get and best food options too!

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Ooh following, great report
Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
Glad you have a good holiday! I’m always in for a good report! We’re doing quick service this time so looking for all the tips I can get and best food options too!
Thanks! Hopefully I can help with some ideas!

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Oct 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Day 4 - El Mercado, Daily Poutine & Yak & Yeti

Today was a later start after a few full on days. We chilled in the room and discussed upcoming ADRs. We decided to cancel Liberty Tree Tavern the following week as I wasn’t really feeling like we needed it and MK has so many QS options we like. We had a muffin and coffee in the room. No picture.

Since we had a later start we had 2nd breakfast in El Mercado before heading to the pool. Marie had waffles and I had the French Toast. Both came with bacon or sausage and we both chose bacon. They had warm syrup from a machine and pre-sealed packs so we got both. We got coffee in our mugs but also got some fruit juice. We never found El Mercado had great options for substituting drinks.

These were standard Disney QS breakfasts and were fine.

After a couple of hours at the pool we decided on Disney Springs for lunch, specifically the Daily Poutine. I think Marie would eat here daily. She chose the Classic which is just chips, cheese curds and gravy. I decided to go for something different and went for the French which was chips, gruyere and mushroom sauce. This was nice although I think maybe the Classic edges it. Although it looks like a snack this is very filling and was plenty for lunch. I decided to get their watermelon lemonade which was nice. Marie just got Sprite.

Yes I realise it doesn't look appetising but it really is tasty .

After a look round the shops we went to Ghirardelli to have some ice cream. Like the shop the ice cream parlour just gives a monetary value to credits so by the time we’d both chosen we were just over 3 snacks. We added Diet Coke to make it up to 4. I chose one of the dipped waffle bowls with 2 scoops of butter pecan and Marie got a strawberry milkshake.

Having never had ice cream here before I underestimated how big mine would be and couldn’t finish it. At least I know for next year!
We had an evening in AK planned and I’d originally booked the Restaurantosaurus Burgers and Sundaes deal however I changed my mind about it and cancelled it. Instead we thought we’d see how we feel and would consider using our other birthday reward in Yak & Yeti. Which is what we did. We were seated quickly with the card upstairs at a window seat which was nice.

We avoided the green beans after the other day and went for just mains instead. Marie had the Chicken Tikka Masala from the main menu and I chose from the specials again but this time Lemongrass Chicken. Again I had the Shanghai Lemonade and Marie had a Sprite.

We enjoyed these and I preferred this to the teriyaki dish I’d had earlier in the week. This cost $35 after we’d taken the $25 off.

Short but sweet today. I think I ate the oreo cupcake at some point today but don’t seem to have made a note. I also had some pie.

Credits used – 4 QS, 4 snacks
OOP - $35

Trip Report Index