Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Sep 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Premier Inn North Terminal (Be Aware)

We have arrived at Gatwick and went to check in at the Premier inn (North Terminal)

This was the hotel I booked months ago because it was over the road from the airport.

However, when we went to check-in, we were told that we had booked the one at Airport way. I explained that I did not book for that one, but when I showed them the printout, it had been changed.

I asked to speak to the manager who was very rude and said that I must have booked the wrong one. His attitude was terrible. Now I know I am 66, and I can have the odd senior moment, but I am not stupid. I know which hotel I booked.

Anyway, I stormed out and we are now at the other Premier Inn. The room we had originally booked was a disabled room(clearly printed on the invoice) but we have ended up in one of the normal rooms.

The manager here said it looks like they have re-let the original room for a higher price and sent us here.

All in all, not a great start to our holidays. We had a nice train journey down here from Nottingham. Met a really nice couple from India, who were so nice to talk to.

My message is this. For those of you who have booked in advance in Premier Inn. Double check everything in case you get switched to another hotel.

Not sure if there is anything else I can do about this, but I'm certainly not a happy chap at the moment.

James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Did your printout not show the correct hotel?
Old 26 Sep 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have you got the original E-mail that was sent to you when it was booked?

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
James

That's not a good start to your holiday and as I regularly recommend it on here I've just checked my confirmation email for our November stay.

Luckily on the map on the email it confirms that it's the one attached to the terminal.

But as you say it's worth checking the confirmation email just to be sure.

Mick
Old 26 Sep 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Surely at least, you should get a full refund. I'm not normally a complainer but changing the hotel on you is not acceptable. Make sure you get in touch with customer services, if you can, do it tonight, because I think they may only give you so many days to claim a refund. Good luck.
Old 26 Sep 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I can't access my emails until we get home. So can't check until then, but I know that I did not book this hotel.

If I am guilty of anything, it's not checking what was on the printout.

This is why I am advising people to check their paperwork.

The manager at the First hotel said that they were both the North Terminal, but the manager at this hotel said they are certainly not. They are both named differently.

I got the impression that the first one tried to say that they were both the North Terminal so that he could make out that I had made the mistake.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
I can't access my emails until we get home. So can't check until then, but I know that I did not book this hotel.

If I am guilty of anything, it's not checking what was on the printout.

This is why I am advising people to check their paperwork.

The manager at the First hotel said that they were both the North Terminal, but the manager at this hotel said they are certainly not. They are both named differently.

I got the impression that the first one tried to say that they were both the North Terminal so that he could make out that I had made the mistake.
It's a bit of a downer start to the trip, but in 24 hours you'll be in Orlando so it's not all bad
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

They are named differently, the one they have you in is called "London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way)" and that is directly from their own web site.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That's what I believed, but the manager from the "North Terminal" disagrees.
Old 26 Sep 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshsaint
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
That's what I believed, but the manager from the "North Terminal" disagrees.
If your booking definitely states premier inn Gatwick north terminal then that is the hotel you have booked! I'm currently on my way there now and if they try this with me then all hell is gonna break lose as I've booked this hotel months and months ago!
Welshsaint is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List