Notices

Old 1 Jan 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Are you sure about the hotel breakfast? We are there at the same time as you and have a full board plus plan, but the breakfast is still a voucher for a quick service in the park. This was confirmed to me by the operator when I booked our tables for the other meals. I would be thrilled if we get a hotel breakfast, as I was planning on paying for the upgrade, to get it free would be so much better x
It depends if you got your meal plan free or not. If it’s the free meal plan offered on some bookings you will get a counter service voucher (until they scrap that all together from April). However, if you pay to add a meal plan to a room only booking this will include breakfast at the hotel.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

We'll be there at the same time as you - we are going 21 - 24!

Staying at The Cheyenne
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
We'll be there at the same time as you - we are going 21 - 24!

Staying at The Cheyenne
Yay! We stayed at the Cheyenne in November for the first time since the refurb and really liked it. I really wanted to do Sequoia Lodge for this visit but my Daughter loved the Santa Fe and given that it was almost 300 euros cheaper it was really a no brainer!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Yay! We stayed at the Cheyenne in November for the first time since the refurb and really liked it. I really wanted to do Sequoia Lodge for this visit but my Daughter loved the Santa Fe and given that it was almost 300 euros cheaper it was really a no brainer!
I've been to DLP 11 times (I think!) and never stayed on site so I'm really excited to do this! Originally we were going to be staying at The Kyriad, which I have stayed at.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
I've been to DLP 11 times (I think!) and never stayed on site so I'm really excited to do this! Originally we were going to be staying at The Kyriad, which I have stayed at.
Oh wow! I'm the opposite, this is about my 15th (maybe more ) visit but have never stayed off-site. When we were looking at booking this I was adamant we'd be going down the AP/Off-Site route but with the french offer of 35% off and free under 12s I couldn't resist booking on-site again.

You'll love the Cheyenne - it's got a great theme and it's so nice to be able to walk to the parks. If you do plan on walking, I'd recommend emailing them a few days before to ask for a room in "Running Bear" this is the closest block to the parks and we managed to walk from there to the gate in 8 minutes.
Old 3 Jan 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Oh wow! I'm the opposite, this is about my 15th (maybe more ) visit but have never stayed off-site. When we were looking at booking this I was adamant we'd be going down the AP/Off-Site route but with the french offer of 35% off and free under 12s I couldn't resist booking on-site again.

You'll love the Cheyenne - it's got a great theme and it's so nice to be able to walk to the parks. If you do plan on walking, I'd recommend emailing them a few days before to ask for a room in "Running Bear" this is the closest block to the parks and we managed to walk from there to the gate in 8 minutes.
Thanks for the tip - I’ll definitely do that 😊
Old 3 Jan 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I noticed that accuweather now do 90 day forecasts so thought it would be fun to look at what they're predicting the weather to be like for our trip:

This is looking very favourable given all the news articles about the predicted cold snap but I'm under no illusion that this is very unlikely to be the actual weather we get as they can barely predict right a day in advance let alone 6 weeks!
Old 6 Jan 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

A mum and daughter trip sounds really fun. It is so nice to have a trip to look forward to. Hopefully it won’t be too cold or wet.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
A mum and daughter trip sounds really fun. It is so nice to have a trip to look forward to. Hopefully it won’t be too cold or wet.
Thank you, I think it is going to be a whole lot of fun - and a real chance to spend some quality time with her! I really hope the weather will be ok, but we'll make the best of it regardless after all, bad weather = smaller crowds!
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

This time in 6 weeks we will hopefully be getting some sleep in the Premier Inn Hub hotel in Kings Cross.

This is our first time staying in one these hub type hotels but given that we are going to have to be up and out by 5am () to catch our Eurostar it really is just going to be a place to rest our heads.

I was originally looking at catching a theatre show this night but I think given our early start we'll probably just stay at home until about 7pm to avoid rush hour and then get to the room, put on a film and sleep!

Edited at 11:05 PM.