Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 May 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
livvipivvi
Trying for More Ears

Our final payment was due soon, so we’ve taken the plunge today and rebooked our July break for next February half term instead.

Was gutted doing it, but if the parks are open in July, there’s a good chance that some of the main attractions won’t be running and it wont be a proper DLP experience. I’m thinking February is still risky and although there may still be social distancing measures in place, it (hopefully) won’t be as bad and Disney will have ironed out any issues 🤞🏼

Edited at 04:49 PM.
livvipivvi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

We are thinking of going February as a stop gap between what was supposed to be our holiday this year and our holiday next year.

Just reluctant to book in case a) by some miracle the virus disappears and we can go on our July holiday.
b) The virus doesn’t disappear and we can’t even go in February.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

We've got Feb booked and i'm still not 100% certain about then. Currently only paid deposit, balance not due until Dec so if I can change date I might take that option later in the year. Just looked at Eurostar for direct train in Feb (15th - 19th) and appears to be fully booked! So it'll either be indirect via Lille (usually cheaper anyway!) or flights..!
But, this all depends on how close to "normal" life in the parks will be. I have no intention of wearing a mask all day...
Old 24 May 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
livvipivvi
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I feel the same. I’m feeling more optimistic about our chances for February, than I was for our July dates, but I’m still preparing for the possibility of having to push it back again.

We’ve upgraded our hotel and added a night, so I did have to pay more when I changed the dates, but we’ve also only paid the deposit and not making any more payments until we have to in December. Our flights are with EasyJet and already fully paid, but I booked on a CC and we’ve still got the annual travel insurance policy in place, so hopefully if something happens we’ll get our money back one way or another 🤞🏼🤞🏼
August 2018 WDW - POFQ & AK
July 2020 DLP - NPB
livvipivvi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ALuk
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I don’t have any insider knowledge and like many, purely guessing.

But when it does open, I would not be surprised if they have a reduced maximum capacity limit for both parks.

This may mean that despite staying onsite, you might not get into the parks. When we go we tend to go in early before having a break in the afternoon and returning for the evening shows.
ALuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked to go on 20th July and the final payment was due on 20th May. I rang them last week to ask what to do and they said I could either cancel for a full refund of my deposit or move the booking to later in the year or next year. The cast member also said they’d been told they were aiming for mid-July for reopening but that she didn’t yet know what modifications would be made to the guest experience. She said if I didn’t pay the balance they wouldn’t chase me for it or cancel the booking and they haven’t.

I am not expecting we’d be going in July. We’ve decided to wait till mid-June to see how things pan out before deciding; we’re thinking we might move it to the October half term
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ALuk View Post
This may mean that despite staying onsite, you might not get into the parks. When we go we tend to go in early before having a break in the afternoon and returning for the evening shows.
This is unlikely. On capacity days, one of the few ways to still get park admission is via hotel magicpass. Obviously this is for a disney hotel only, not partber hotel.

As for reopening, July seems a decent bet given the state of Europe scaling down measures. The issue now is the 14 day reciprocated quarantine.

Ironically we have a menorca holiday booked for late July. Spain are admitting people from the 1st whereas we are introducing return quarantine in 2 weeks time...

Edited at 09:44 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m still unsure whether to move it or hang on. Husband is being optimistic and thinks we will be going I’m not so sure!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

The French PM is speaking to the nation tomorrow where he will lay out the next stage of the relaxation of restrictions including travel and tourism so hopefully there will be an indication of when DLP can open.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The Golf Course at DLP ‘Golf Disneyland’ is reopening from Saturday. Reservations are mandatory.

No news on other parts of the resort yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List