Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 23 Aug 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Mobile Manchester dibbers - parking advice please

Thinking of going to Manchester for a shopping day this week and considering driving. We usually get the train coming on the hull line into Piccadilly but with masks on trains I fancy the freedom of the car. I’m wondering about using a metro link station to park at but there are loads and I’ve no idea if some are better than others for spaces, safety of leaving car etc Or is it quite easy to park in the centre?

We’ll be coming on the m62 and will mainly be around exchange sq. Will appreciate any words of wisdom on transport options 😊

Any recommendations for lunch would be appreciated too please.

I have handbag money to spend for my 50th on Saturday and considered Trafford centre for selfridges but I think the city centre is possibly better for more shops 😊

Thank you ☺️

Edited at 01:21 AM.
sunseeker100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

There's loads of parking in the city centre, if convenience is preferred to saving a few quid just go for the underground car park at M&S.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
In manchester atm, the arndale had a big sign up saying £5 for a days parking, i usually park in Charles st car park, really cheap and around a 10 min walk into centre of shops via the rgay village /china town. Xx

Edited at 12:02 PM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

I’d recommend Kala for a bite to eat but I don’t think they’re open on Monday or Tuesday since they’ve reopened.

The Bull & Bear gets good reviews too but not eaten there myself.

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I usually park at Boddingtons Car Park which is by the side of the Arena. It is a little walk in to the centre, no more than 5/10 minutes, but you don’t have to drive right in to the centre of town and it is the right side of town for Exchange Square. It is one of the best value car parks and there is staff on there during the day.

There is also a Selfridges in Exchange Square.

Hope you enjoy your shopping !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The selfridges in Manchester at exchange square is better than the Trafford Centre and has a larger selection of bags. Plus, right next door is Harvey Nichols who also have a small bag department
What sort of food are you looking for? El Gato Negro on King Street is in a great spot and it’s lovely to eat outside if the weather allows. They have 3 dishes (tapas) for £15 too so good value.
Australasia is also really good and Hawkmoor is nice too
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I usually park at Boddingtons Car Park which is by the side of the Arena. It is a little walk in to the centre, no more than 5/10 minutes, but you don’t have to drive right in to the centre of town and it is the right side of town for Exchange Square. It is one of the best value car parks and there is staff on there during the day.

There is also a Selfridges in Exchange Square.

Hope you enjoy your shopping !
Thank you this looks like a great option for us as we can drive straight down from M62. 😊
Old 24 Aug 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
The selfridges in Manchester at exchange square is better than the Trafford Centre and has a larger selection of bags. Plus, right next door is Harvey Nichols who also have a small bag department
What sort of food are you looking for? El Gato Negro on King Street is in a great spot and it’s lovely to eat outside if the weather allows. They have 3 dishes (tapas) for £15 too so good value.
Australasia is also really good and Hawkmoor is nice too
I wasn’t sure which selfridges was best so good to know the exchange sq one is bigger ☺️

Food wise we like casual and not too bothered about the type of cuisine tbh, we’ll eat most things haha

I’ll look at those you’ve mentioned, thank you!
Old 24 Aug 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Thank you this looks like a great option for us as we can drive straight down from M62. 😊
You will be coming from the same direction as I travel in and I like to avoid driving in the centre. I used to park there for work and I have always stuck with it !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we usually park somewhere like altrincham and then get the metro into the city centre
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List