Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Oct 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
So I’ve got a price of 1368E AI for two of us at Lanzarote Park. Appears much cheaper to book flights separately at £320 (total) from our very very local airport rather than direct with Iberostar.

I am very tempted and I am blaming all of you on this thread when I press book 😂
Do it!...

They are also offering the following Insurance when booked direct:

“When you make a booking with us, your Iberostar Extra Care insurance is included. Basic cover for your stay, free of charge.

What does it include?
Medical costs for illness or accidents.
Medical guidance and assistance, and surgery when necessary.
Costs for extending your stay.
Repatriation
Calling a doctor to the hotel.
Emergency medical transportation to the hospital.”

Really hope no-one needs this but a good offer if the small print is okay (not had chance to look into it).

Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you to all for your help and advice- especially YorksthireT and OrlandoLes. Booked Lanzarote Park today for a whisker under budget for a side sea view room with AI. After a Blue Light Card, My Iberostar and mobile discount it came in at £1483 pay on arrival. They gave me all of them ! Of course dependant on exchange rate.

Just hope we get to go on this one !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just found it all a bit scruffy. Here’s some photos I took in the complex. We were disappointed. Think it cost us about 3.5k in school hols. We had sea view rooms. Rooms were decent as had been upgraded.
Not terrible but you can see what I mean:

Stains on awning on restaurant (Windows were all filthy as well):

Corridor carpets stained up all over:

Cheap broken pictures on walls:

Permanent leaks never fixed (carpet soaked all week under this):

Fountain feature all smashed:

Corridors full of water:

Rooms like this visible in corridors:

General air of broken and scruffy, even paint just splashed all over floor:

Building site at top:

Just thought it needs a big refurb.
Sorry if others don’t agree this was our impression though and we think there’s a lot better.
Sorry to read this - we went roughly 5 years ago and really enjoyed it and have always fancied returning. Perhaps we won’t now.
May 2023 POP & 1 night RPR
0420wilmut is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Havnt read all the thread but we stayed at the h10 Rubicon Palace last Christmas

this was the best Ai in europe we have stayed in outside of Turkey

couldnt really fault any of it, variety of restaurants aside the main buffet, spacious, branded drinks (hendrick / fever tree for example) & being 5* none of the chips & beer round the clock squad

nice spot as well with a pretty flat seafront walk into playa blanca and beyond
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Thank you to all for your help and advice- especially YorksthireT and OrlandoLes. Booked Lanzarote Park today for a whisker under budget for a side sea view room with AI. After a Blue Light Card, My Iberostar and mobile discount it came in at £1483 pay on arrival. They gave me all of them ! Of course dependant on exchange rate.

Just hope we get to go on this one !
That’s a good price, didn’t know they did Blue Light card discount and they look to include insurance so you don’t even need that.

I’m hoping I can get there for Xmas if US is out.

Stop booking you lot, you will make it too expensive.
Old 8 Oct 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just booked using Blue Light, early bird discount and Iberostar discount. For 4 family room 7 night over Xmas, Sea view £2300 - bargain! Flights are about £1250. Pay at hotel didn’t even want a credit card. Have it as a backup- hopefully any quarantine will be reduced and Ryanair will be flying. If so, we are off! This holiday would in usual times be £6k at Xmas for 4.

Edited at 05:37 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
For anyone still thinking of or has a free cancellable rate booking with Iberostar - they currently have an early Black Friday code with up to 50% off, just pop Friday20 in the promo code.
Hope this helps someone bag a bargain
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
For anyone still thinking of or has a free cancellable rate booking with Iberostar - they currently have an early Black Friday code with up to 50% off, just pop Friday20 in the promo code.
Hope this helps someone bag a bargain
Cheers
Les
Thank you so much for this. Upgraded to a sea view Prestige room and still saved about €100.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List