Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 30 Sep 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile Leeds

So myself hubby and 9 year old son off to Leeds Friday to Sunday, for 'mini holiday', just a change of scenery really. Anything we must see/do?
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

Tropical world at Roundhay Park
Royal Armouries
Leeds city museum
Arcade club ( play all the arcade games for 1 entry fee

Edited at 03:05 PM.
MINI MOUSE is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Just looked at arcade club my son would love this. Would me and hubby have to pay though (as we wont be playing) ?
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MINI MOUSE View Post
Tropical world at Roundhay Park
Royal Armouries
Leeds city museum
Arcade club ( play all the arcade games for 1 entry fee
I second Tropical World, it's a lovely place to go & I've missed going the last few months!

Meanwood Farm is always a nice way to spend a bit of time, it's about £1 to get in but it's a lovely little walk around and there's a nice cafe there too There's lots of lovely parks/outdoor spaces too if you are looking to do anything like that!

Are you staying in the centre of Leeds somewhere?
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes staying crowne plaza wellington street.
Been looking at the park and it looks lovely, just hope weather stays dry.
Old 30 Sep 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Just looked at arcade club my son would love this. Would me and hubby have to pay though (as we wont be playing) ?
Sorry I’ve no idea you may have to ring them
MINI MOUSE is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It’s going to be raining all weekend unfortunately. Saturday looks particularly bad- a shame as nowhere is as good when it is peeing it down.
You could also jump on the train (10 mins walk from Crowne Plaza) and 20 mins to York to have a look around if you want an alternative City Centre if outside activities curtailed.
Tons of shopping in Leeds obviously and great restaurants and pubs- if anyone is a real ale fan it’s heaven as well.
Leeds City Museum if it’s raining and open.
Go to Royal Armouries - very good.
Are you in a car? It’s a distance to Tropical World.
If you are in a car and need indoor activities you could try XScape, 20 mins drive from Crowne Plaza (M1/M62).
Harewood House is nice- again though car needed.
If he is a skateboarder or scooter rider my son loves LS Ten skatepark or biking Leeds Urban Bike park.
Most people on City Breaks here come for the shopping, bars and restaurants which are some of the best in the country.
If you are in a car Ilkley Moor is great to visit and kids always enjoy the rock climbing there if the rain doesn’t bother you.
Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Hepworth Gallery Wakefield are about 30 mins by car from Crowne Plaza.
Kirkstall Abbey and museum.

Edited at 06:21 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Just asked my son as he visits there quite often. Apparently you have to buy a family pass at £40. Covers 2 adults and 2 children. He says because some adults would take advantage, shame though if you don't want to play!
He has added if just one of you go in (Mum) there is a brewery nearby Kirkstall brewery and a pub called Kirkstall Bridge a walk away.

Edited at 08:14 PM.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List