Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Just managed to add this offer onto my existing July 2021 booking. Had to change from a standard room at CBR to a king room but the $200 gift card (plus the extra $100 for my cancelled 2020 trip) and the savings was a nice bonus!

Fingers crossed the trip goes ahead now!
We’ve also booked a King Bed room at CBR.

Never stayed there before so looking forward to trying the Skyliner.

We go 30th July, looking at your countdown you must be just before us?

So excited to have something to look forward to again 😊
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Memories4You View Post
I was going rebook from 11 nights to 14 nights at CBR but they're only offering Pirate rooms, standard room is more money! we are a family of 4 adults and double beds are just too small, so disappointed
Same. Really annoying - especially as CBR is the one we would have had in 2020.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Just wanted a bit of advice on what I've had from Charter Travel today!

We were originally booked for Sept 21 at All Stars, basic room and paid dining plan. We obviously had this taken off and CT said we could take advantage of any offers that come out.

Now because All Stars isn't officially open we can't get the two free nights there. They've said the lowest priced hotel/offer can take advantage off is Coronado Springs, it's an extra £450 for the two weeks, so £225 each for myself & my friend, but with this offer we also will get the $200 gift card and we've already been sent the $130 gift card for not having housekeeping while we're there!

Having never stayed on site properly before (only the odd few nights at AKL) I'm not sure whether this is a good offer - it seems good & Coronado Springs looks amazing, should we go for it/is it a good deal?
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Just wanted a bit of advice on what I've had from Charter Travel today!

We were originally booked for Sept 21 at All Stars, basic room and paid dining plan. We obviously had this taken off and CT said we could take advantage of any offers that come out.

Now because All Stars isn't officially open we can't get the two free nights there. They've said the lowest priced hotel/offer can take advantage off is Coronado Springs, it's an extra £450 for the two weeks, so £225 each for myself & my friend, but with this offer we also will get the $200 gift card and we've already been sent the $130 gift card for not having housekeeping while we're there!

Having never stayed on site properly before (only the odd few nights at AKL) I'm not sure whether this is a good offer - it seems good & Coronado Springs looks amazing, should we go for it/is it a good deal?
For £225, some of which is offset by the gift card I think it’s a no brainer. CSR is a lovely resort!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Can anyone remember back before they took it off sale how CBR and CSR compared with POFQ price wise? I am booked for POCQ for August (before it was removed from sale) and was told offers could be added as they appeared. Ran the prices today and CBR is coming out at the same price (including the discount) that I am paying for POFQ (assuming it opens)

I’m curious as to whether it is because POFQ is now a cheaper moderate because the sky liner has added to the price at CBR or if it’s just because Disney upped their prices before doing the discount.

Either way I think I will be leaving my booking alone for now , but will be very interested to hear from anyone else who still has a POFQ booking if they are able to get the 14 days for the price of 7 added to their existing booking without loosing POFQ
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
Can anyone remember back before they took it off sale how CBR and CSR compared with POFQ price wise? I am booked for POCQ for August (before it was removed from sale) and was told offers could be added as they appeared. Ran the prices today and CBR is coming out at the same price (including the discount) that I am paying for POFQ (assuming it opens)

I’m curious as to whether it is because POFQ is now a cheaper moderate because the sky liner has added to the price at CBR or if it’s just because Disney upped their prices before doing the discount.

Either way I think I will be leaving my booking alone for now , but will be very interested to hear from anyone else who still has a POFQ booking if they are able to get the 14 days for the price of 7 added to their existing booking without loosing POFQ
CBR increased in price when they added the Skyliner. It put it somewhere between CSR and POR/FQ.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
We decided just to switch our POFQ to CSR even though we think we’ve decided on the Dolphin. We were able to move the deposit and she said we could keep the early booking $100 gift card from this years booking - so $300 in total as it would have been this year.

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We decided just to switch our POFQ to CSR even though we think we’ve decided on the Dolphin. We were able to move the deposit and she said we could keep the early booking $100 gift card from this years booking - so $300 in total as it would have been this year.
I think the price is to good to turn down to be honest
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I think the price is to good to turn down to be honest
I agree but Mum is set on the Dolphin for location. The free cancellation was what swung it because a lot can change in a year.

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I agree but Mum is set on the Dolphin for location. The free cancellation was what swung it because a lot can change in a year.
Dolphin does look great and I was unsure about CRS at first but the more I look at it the more stunning it looks and even upgrading to a water view room I’ve saved nearly £300 from AOA plus the $300 gift card so well happy
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List