Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Oct 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

The Sheraton Times Square is a lovely hotel and perfectly placed.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
We'd like to keep it below £150 pn 🙂
I would hope given low hotel rates currently that would give you loads of options!

FamilyGWales has suggested TriBeCa and Soho, which would have been my choices in a normal world but they’ve always been too expensive for me! I think you’ve got a really decent chance of getting a great hotel in a great location right now though!
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I would hope given low hotel rates currently that would give you loads of options!

!
Too many - that's the problem 😂
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We stayed in the Metro Hotel, its round the corner from the Empire State building and a 10 minute walk to Times square. And quite close to Penn St Station, so handy for the train from the airport. We booked it via BA on a flight and hotel deal, but it was one of their cheaper ones. It comes with breakfast, which saved up a lot of time and money - they also have a wine tasting session every evening which was lovely. Nice hotel, decent sized rooms (for NY), quiet and comfortable. Was recommended by quite a few dibbers.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have stayed all over Manhattan and my choice now is SoHo and infact SoHo Grand. Stayed there many many happy times - great location walkable to all the breweries I like plus I can happily walk to high line and Central Park (its a hike but its flat) . I much prefer that area of town as its less toutirsty but feels more of a real New York feel

As others has said I book via BA - flight with hotel to get best deal
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Lots and lots of hotels to choose from once you decide which area to stay in. We've stayed twice in Times Square, Hilton TS and Room mate Grace, both really nice. If you don't want to stay near TS have a look around 35th st near Empire State building, still central and lots of transport links. A lot of people recommend the New Yorker in that area.

Have fun planning your trip
I agree with this. The two hotels I recommended earlier are really nice hotels in the thick of it, but if you fancied somewhere other than Times Square my most favourite trip was when we stayed at The Stewart right by the Empire State/Madison Square Gardens. I wouldn't recommend the hotel as such as it is in need of a reno but the area is brilliant. A great vibe (especially if there is something on at MSG) and just slightly away from the madness of Times Square.
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
We've stayed in these:

The Distrikt - nice hotel. Small rooms, but well appointed. Good location for Times Square
We stayed at the Distrikt too and had a good stay.
Old 13 Oct 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

We stayed at WestHouse Hotel on 57th Street which is towards Central Park but 10 minute walk maximum to Times Square (we didn't want to be in the thick of Times Square - too busy!). Also has a metro stop on at the end of the street as you come out of the hotel. Beautiful hotel and fantastic location we loved it. Great offers on at the moment. The daily charge they impose does appear pricey but it includes a fantastic breakfast, drinks between 5-7pm and food which are not just snacks, it felt like a meal some evenings. Great terrace to enjoy drinks on. We will definitely be staying here again when we go back to NYC.
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We have stayed twice at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square and absolutely loved it.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
We stayed in the Metro Hotel, its round the corner from the Empire State building and a 10 minute walk to Times square. And quite close to Penn St Station, so handy for the train from the airport. We booked it via BA on a flight and hotel deal, but it was one of their cheaper ones. It comes with breakfast, which saved up a lot of time and money - they also have a wine tasting session every evening which was lovely. Nice hotel, decent sized rooms (for NY), quiet and comfortable. Was recommended by quite a few dibbers.
We really liked it at The Metro too, Macy's just along the road as well as other places mentioned earlier. We liked it that we weren't smack bang in Times Square
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List