Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Just an update from me, in the end I couldn't decide WHICH one to get, all seemed to be almost just right but not quite,
Hubby spoke to a few friends at work and ended up suggesting the Power Air fryer XL 5litre as I couldn't make my mind up!

Well, we've had it a week now and I don't know how we have managed without one up to now!
Tried all sorts of stuff in it but my fave have to be home made chips sprayed with a little olive oil. *Droooool*

This appliance is so quick and easy - SOO easy to clean, really simple operation, and it looks clean lined and matches our black appliances.

Only wish we'd have got one ages ago!
Thanks for all the replies saying how good air fyers are - you were all right!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I had decided to get the Ninja from Costco until I tried to lift it in store yesterday and realised I would not be able to put it in and out the cupboard easily. Also we have limited space on the worktop so couldn't leave it out so was back to the drawing board !

How heavy is the Power Air Fryer as would probably be ordering online and can't see the weight mentioned on Argos website ?
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
I had decided to get the Ninja from Costco until I tried to lift it in store yesterday and realised I would not be able to put it in and out the cupboard easily. Also we have limited space on the worktop so couldn't leave it out so was back to the drawing board !

How heavy is the Power Air Fryer as would probably be ordering online and can't see the weight mentioned on Argos website ?
Hi We got the XL 5 litre one and it is pretty big, bigger than I thought it would be. There are smaller versions of it though if you don't need a massive one? we could have managed with a smaller one we think.

It fits well under the cabinets on a standard kitchen worktop/cabinet height set up, but at first I didn't like it as it looked too big (we got from Argos too) Mind you, we went to look at some 'in the flesh' at Currys and they all looked pretty big to me.

I've just gone and lifted it up and I don't think I'd like to lift it in and out of a cupboard each time to be honest, but it's not too heavy.

I'm used to the size now and honestly it is a godsend, already would not be without it
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Hi We got the XL 5 litre one and it is pretty big, bigger than I thought it would be. There are smaller versions of it though if you don't need a massive one? we could have managed with a smaller one we think.

It fits well under the cabinets on a standard kitchen worktop/cabinet height set up, but at first I didn't like it as it looked too big (we got from Argos too) Mind you, we went to look at some 'in the flesh' at Currys and they all looked pretty big to me.

I've just gone and lifted it up and I don't think I'd like to lift it in and out of a cupboard each time to be honest, but it's not too heavy.

I'm used to the size now and honestly it is a godsend, already would not be without it
Would probably need the XL too as 4 at home but in non covid times often more. Always forget about Currys as never find the staff at our local one on the ball but will maybe nip there tomorrow to have a spy as popping to TK Maxx just beside it before they close for lockdown. Thanks for your help
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Would probably need the XL too as 4 at home but in non covid times often more. Always forget about Currys as never find the staff at our local one on the ball but will maybe nip there tomorrow to have a spy as popping to TK Maxx jst beside it before they close for lockdown. Thanks for your help
No problem!
Whichever one you get I'm sure you won't be disappointed! So quick, so clean, so fat-free!
Old 28 Nov 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
Yes you might as well if they are the same price.The ninja kitchen has a limited edition model on there in the Black Friday offers,it is red and comes with some free accessories.

Thanks for the tip Camsmummy - I bought the OP500 from Ninja kitchen as my Kitchen Aid is Candy Apple red along with my kettle/toaster etc. The Ninja sort of matches (slightly darker red) but as it is so big it will be going to live in my utility room. It arrived yesterday and I tried cooking some frozen crinkly frozen chips and it worked really well.

If anyone has any more hints, tips, recipe or cookery book suggestions they would be very much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for their input.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

If you’re on Facebook there are a couple of groups on there I am on.Ninja foodi and grill uk and Ninja foodi uk recipes.They are very useful when you first get your ninja and there’s a lot of recipes and ideas on there to try.
Camsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
If you’re on Facebook there are a couple of groups on there I am on.Ninja foodi and grill uk and Ninja foodi uk recipes.They are very useful when you first get your ninja and there’s a lot of recipes and ideas on there to try.
Thanks Camsmummy - will certainly have a look. Managed not to destroy a rib eye yesterday
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I did some padron peppers in my Foodi last night. Tiny drizzle of rapeseed oil, sea salt and black pepper and 2 minutes on the air fry mode. Oh my gosh, they were amazing!
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Been loving trying all sorts of stuff in my Air-fyer, endless possibilities it seems!
How did I ever manage before!