Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
marktaylor84
Earning My Ears

I am getting this message on my computer. The only change seems to be the flight is taking an extra 30 mins.

When I go to the seats it says they are provided by a differnt airline. I don't see a cancelation option online.

For my hotel booking on virgin holidays I doesn't look like anything is changed at all.

We are due to fly on the 2nd Jan

We're really sorry, we've had to make a change to your flight. If you're ok with the change, just click "Accept flight changes". If this doesn't work for you, please get in touch with us if you booked directly, or contact your travel agent for more options.
If your booking has been booked through a travel agency, please call them to discuss other options. If your booking is part of a package with our friends at Virgin Holidays, or you have a Flight + Hotel or Flight + Car booking, you'll find more info here.
marktaylor84 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marktaylor84 View Post
I am getting this message on my computer. The only change seems to be the flight is taking an extra 30 mins.

When I go to the seats it says they are provided by a differnt airline. I don't see a cancelation option online.

For my hotel booking on virgin holidays I doesn't look like anything is changed at all.

We are due to fly on the 2nd Jan

We're really sorry, we've had to make a change to your flight. If you're ok with the change, just click "Accept flight changes". If this doesn't work for you, please get in touch with us if you booked directly, or contact your travel agent for more options.
If your booking has been booked through a travel agency, please call them to discuss other options. If your booking is part of a package with our friends at Virgin Holidays, or you have a Flight + Hotel or Flight + Car booking, you'll find more info here.
I'm pretty sure this is all part of some weird cancellation plan, another couple of days and I reckon mine will bite the dust officially.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Virgin are cancelling just before the 21 day before departure date.
I now have to contact VA to request Seat upgrades, what a poliva.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
marktaylor84
Earning My Ears

Ah, so even though I can see my plane is not flying they won’t cancel for another couple of weeks 😢. Honestly just want certainty now as need to cance holidays with work
marktaylor84 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
the_em0hawk
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Violet's Mum View Post
Thankyou.

That's the one we're on too - my booking is still showing as flying! Very strange. Might have to give them a call...
Seems like VH can't even cancel all customers on the same flight at the same time. Granted, 19 Dec was set to be massive travel day, but it's surely an automated system...

We were also booked on the same flight and I got an email from VH on Friday evening telling me our holiday was cancelled.
I checked my booking on the website (didn't bother with the app, I uninstalled it long ago when it was out of sync with the web version) and had the option to request a refund, which I've now done. I didn't pay the balance when it was due, knowing the trip would be cancelled so at least I'm only waiting for the deposit to be refunded.
the_em0hawk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike A
Getting to know the DIBB

I'm trying to get my money back for cancelled flights from last year. Originally decided to let the money stay with VS as we were going to rebook next year. Sorted all that through whatsapp no problem. Now want my money back but can't get a reply through whatsapp, I just keep getting different options that have nothing to do with a refund and no actual contact with anyone to give me an answer.
Anyone got alternative contacts for VS or suggest anything?
Mike A is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
I'm trying to get my money back for cancelled flights from last year. Originally decided to let the money stay with VS as we were going to rebook next year. Sorted all that through whatsapp no problem. Now want my money back but can't get a reply through whatsapp, I just keep getting different options that have nothing to do with a refund and no actual contact with anyone to give me an answer.
When you get the following message...

Are you contacting us about a flight cancellation or significant schedule change?
Select No (number2).

You will then get this menu...
To help us get you to the right place, please select your choice:
1) Book a new flight
2) Discuss an existing booking
3) Discuss my Flying Club account
4) Share feedback
5) General enquiry
6) Discuss a refund or flight cancellation
7) Covid-19 destination entry requirements

I Selected 5) General enquiry
On what would you like more information?

Please respond with a number from 1 to 7.
1) Baggage allowance
2) How to spend your miles
3) Upgrading your ticket
4) Visa's and entry requirements
5) Special Assistance
6) Checking in for a flight
7) Anything else

Select 7)Anything Else

This is the message I then received.

No problem, I will pass you through to one of the team who will be able to help! Please send us your Flying Club and/or booking reference or e-ticket number. Due to the unprecedented amount of contact we are receiving we may not be able to respond to your message in the same day, but your message is really important to us! Don’t worry, we have received your message and will be in touch to help resolve your query as soon as we can!

Good Luck.

Edited at 06:28 PM.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
The usual advice is target the CEO's office. It depends on what you agreed to. If they can still honour the "new" agreement you might be struggling as it supersedes the original contract which they couldn't meet.
Old 29 Nov 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ultraviolet
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by the_em0hawk View Post
Seems like VH can't even cancel all customers on the same flight at the same time. Granted, 19 Dec was set to be massive travel day, but it's surely an automated system...

We were also booked on the same flight and I got an email from VH on Friday evening telling me our holiday was cancelled.
I checked my booking on the website (didn't bother with the app, I uninstalled it long ago when it was out of sync with the web version) and had the option to request a refund, which I've now done. I didn't pay the balance when it was due, knowing the trip would be cancelled so at least I'm only waiting for the deposit to be refunded.
It might be because mine are reward flights through VA rather than VH? But still seems strange that we weren't all contacted at least on the same day.

I finally managed to get through to VA yesterday (after a couple of hours on hold, wish someone would change that hold music!) and even then the advisor initially said it was still scheduled. I said that I knew that other people had been sent an email saying the flight had been cancelled - so they looked into it further and then asked me if I wanted a refund so I've got my miles/points credited back instantly and was told around 2-4 weeks for the taxes to be returned to my credit card.

After having August 20 cancelled and now December... I'm going to be keeping positive for my August 21 flights.

Aug 23 RPR
Oct 22 ES Dockside RPR / Apr 2022 PBH POFQ
Aug 21 Disney Magic / Aug 19 Pop BCV HRH Bakers Cay
Aug 18 Pop RPR Playa Largo / Aug 17 Pop Solterra RPR Playa Largo Atlanta
Aug 16 AoA RPR Windsor Hills Hyatt@Coconut Point Hilton@Key Largo Atlanta
Aug 15 Mondrian@Miami Hilton@Key Largo Legacy Park & Atlanta
Aug 14 Watersong PBH & Andaz@NYC / Apr 13 Hyatt@Clearwater & Floridays
Dec 11 Floridays & RPR / Dec 10 LBV Palace & RPR / Jun 08 Hilton@WDW & RPR
Ultraviolet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike A
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
When you get the following message...

Are you contacting us about a flight cancellation or significant schedule change?
Select No (number2).

You will then get this menu...
To help us get you to the right place, please select your choice:
1) Book a new flight
2) Discuss an existing booking
3) Discuss my Flying Club account
4) Share feedback
5) General enquiry
6) Discuss a refund or flight cancellation
7) Covid-19 destination entry requirements

I Selected 5) General enquiry
On what would you like more information?

Please respond with a number from 1 to 7.
1) Baggage allowance
2) How to spend your miles
3) Upgrading your ticket
4) Visa's and entry requirements
5) Special Assistance
6) Checking in for a flight
7) Anything else

Select 7)Anything Else

This is the message I then received.

No problem, I will pass you through to one of the team who will be able to help! Please send us your Flying Club and/or booking reference or e-ticket number. Due to the unprecedented amount of contact we are receiving we may not be able to respond to your message in the same day, but your message is really important to us! Don’t worry, we have received your message and will be in touch to help resolve your query as soon as we can!

Good Luck.
Many thanks
Mike A is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List