Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Nov 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Mobile Stayforlong.co.uk anyone used this company before?

Anyone used this company before? Priced up a week at the swan next year and they by far the cheapest via trivago? Any Good/bad experience of the company?
AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by donna252 View Post
Anyone used this company before? Priced up a week at the swan next year and they by far the cheapest via trivago? Any Good/bad experience of the company?
We looked at this company to book cabana bay next sept but something told me they were cheaper for a reason. We looked at some of the online reviews and felt uneasy so went with my gut and didn't book.
I did however try booking the same room dates etc with hotels.com and asked them to price match.
They said they would but I had to pay the deposit with them then pay universal when I arrived for my stay.
After doing all that I was to submit my invoice to hotels.com and they would pay me the difference.
They wouldn't confirm in writing and as I would not have any proof. Hotels.com were more expensive than universal direct so in the end booked with universal.
I have usually found if an offer is to good to be true, then it isn't

Edited at 09:59 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I’ve just booked with them, but after reading reviews I think I’m going to cancel and do what Mike4scuba has done and book direct.

I will give cabana bay an email and see if they have our booking, but as I don’t have anything to pay with stayforlong until next august, I’m not sure I want the worry of them cancelling the booking for no reason, which I’ve read can be the case.

As an example tho, I booked previously with Amoma and had no problems despite the online reviews, then booked again and they went bust without warning!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
I’ve just booked with them, but after reading reviews I think I’m going to cancel and do what Mike4scuba has done and book direct.

I will give cabana bay an email and see if they have our booking, but as I don’t have anything to pay with stayforlong until next august, I’m not sure I want the worry of them cancelling the booking for no reason, which I’ve read can be the case.

As an example tho, I booked previously with Amoma and had no problems despite the online reviews, then booked again and they went bust without warning!
Also if you book a universal hotel keep an eye on the hotel rates on the universal site. We spoke to a lady at universal and she said she would modify our booking if rates became cheaper

Universal offer annual pass holders a special rate at around 3 months out which is sometimes cheaper.

Price 1x annual pass against a standard 14 day pass ( we have done this before and it cost us about $7 ) and see if the saving on the AP would give you a greater discount on the rooms you have booked previously. (Certain passes have blackout dates but most cover sept) also with the AP you get discounts for food for the whole party and merchandise.

You can book the hotel room at the annual pass rate as you don't have to prove your an annual pass holder til you check in.

This is good as you don't have to outlay for any tickets til nearer departure date and the hotel only take the 1st night as a deposit which is refundable

Edited at 10:21 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Also if you book a universal hotel keep an eye on the hotel rates on the universal site. We spoke to a lady at universal and she said she would modify our booking if rates became cheaper

Universal offer annual pass holders a special rate at around 3 months out which is sometimes cheaper.

Price 1x annual pass against a standard 14 day pass ( we have done this before and it cost us about $7 ) and see if the saving on the AP would give you a greater discount on the rooms you have booked previously. (Certain passes have blackout dates but most cover sept) also with the AP you get discounts for food for the whole party and merchandise.

You can book the hotel room at the annual pass rate as you don't have to prove your an annual pass holder til you check in.

This is good as you don't have to outlay for any tickets til nearer departure date and the hotel only take the 1st night as a deposit which is refundable
Great advice thanks, but our tickets are a bit strange for 2021! We upgraded our tickets to AP’s in 2019, which should have then covered our 2020 trip, but that didn’t happen, after a few emails to universal they agreed to cover admission to the parks for the whole duration of our 2021 trip, I just need to give them our case number when we get there, so I don’t have tickets but I don’t have an annual pass either

I’ve not seen CB at a really good rate before, it’s cheaper than Surfside, which although I would prefer for the locality, I’m worried about noise which is often the only complaint, why hotels think hard floors are a good idea I don’t know!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
we had annual tickets from nov 2019 and due to covid they put them on hold. we can go back anytime and once activated on first visit to the park we have seven months remaining.

if you are only going on one trip in sept then why not contact them and ask them to put them back as AP with 6 or 7 months expiry like a lot of the dibbers have done

would contact them prior to jan 2021 or they may not be able to do this

universal are very helpful
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

I have booked Disney dolphin with them for next summer, and although I’ve only paid a small deposit Disney have confirmed my Disney ref that I have been able to link to my Disney experience. I was a bit wary of using them but feel better now that Disney have my booking.
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Have been informed that they are not ABTA or ATOL bonded as they are a spanish company.