Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 10 Mar 09, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Midsummer
Imagineer

If anyone is having difficulty with travel insurance, give the British Mountaineering Society a look. I know someone with many health problems and in the mid 80s and she gets her insurance from them. All she had to do was join the Society. Can't tell you what she pays but I know it must be reasonable.
Midsummer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 09, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

My mum will be 67 this year , and is looking for cover for Australia for 4 months-thats approx 120 days (from Sep 09).

She had a claim 2 years ago (less than £2k) and has just had a knee operation (so there is a medical history).

She cannot get cover of more than 90 days from any Company-there seems to be a limit of cover? Can ayone help?

Any clue who she should contact?

Regards

lam

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 09, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lam View Post
My mum will be 67 this year , and is looking for cover for Australia for 4 months-thats approx 120 days (from Sep 09).

She had a claim 2 years ago (less than £2k) and has just had a knee operation (so there is a medical history).

She cannot get cover of more than 90 days from any Company-there seems to be a limit of cover? Can ayone help?

Any clue who she should contact?

Regards

lam
Has she tried saga.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 09, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

:) COPD Travel Insurance

Does anyone know who to contact to insure my husband. He has COPD Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease? Anybody managed to get insurance for this condition without having to re-mortgage?
Old 15 Mar 09, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scbrit
Trying for More Ears

My Dad has COPD, diabetes, and has had open heart bypass, he got coverage through worldwideinsure/ I think 200-300 pounds for an annual policy.
scbrit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 09, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bev trigg
Proud to wear my Ears

pre existing med conditions

Hi all
DD 22 has spina bifida and hydrocephalus. She is very well and has not had any treatment for ages except once a year to go for check ups. The problem is we are getting silly quotes for insurance for our 3 week holiday in September. Has anyone got any good ideas as to reasonably prices cover.
Thanks
Old 18 Mar 09, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Thomsork
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bev trigg View Post
Hi all
DD 22 has spina bifida and hydrocephalus. She is very well and has not had any treatment for ages except once a year to go for check ups. The problem is we are getting silly quotes for insurance for our 3 week holiday in September. Has anyone got any good ideas as to reasonably prices cover.
Thanks
We got an annual travel insurance policy from Fortis Insurance.

The policy cost £125 for myself, DW, DD, and DS.

DS has spina bifida and hydrocelphalus and we fortunate enough not to have the policy loaded due to his condition.

Some other firms were charging the earth and loading the policy.

fortisinsurance/pol...-lines/travel/

Ring them on this number: 0845 122 3296 quoting the scheme code CT1, for special needs insurance.

Ray
Thomsork is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 09, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Has anyone got any good cancer insurers? Is is really infuriating when you call insurers for "special conditions" get right to the end and they tell you your condition isnt covered ! Columbas covered us for Lanzarote at Xmas but refused us for US ?
Old 11 Apr 09, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

My Mum got cover with Insurepink.com to cover her breast cancer and other things>They cover other cancers too.

Kath x
Old 12 Apr 09, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

thanx - i will try them after bank hol x

Tags
medical conditions, special needs, travel insurance