Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 24 Apr 13, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
is this something new... we have used my wifes disabled pass for the last 7 years and had no issues at all..either for the parks or general disabled parking at malls, restaurants etc
Then you have been fortunate. If you look at the information about your Blue Badge, you will see that is not valid over there.
For the sake of a few pounds, it's easier to purchase the tag.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WickedPlans View Post
Then you have been fortunate. If you look at the information about your Blue Badge, you will see that is not valid over there.
Totally agree with you--we always get an A Florida Permit---it makes perfect sense and as you say---for the sake of a few pounds---peace of mind
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

we just recieved ours in the post. really good service from the girls in the office, i mailed them, they phoned me back for cc number end of last week... got the permit today. excellent service! and not expensive at all!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 13, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

We were told if its private land ie Disney etc the blue badge is sufficient Even places like Walmart and Florida mall there has never been a problem I think it's if your on a public highway or other such places you would need the temp permit
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 13, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I was sent this as part of an email from a Virgin SA Executive:

The Department of Transport of Florida’s website hsmv.state.fl.us, states that visitors to Florida can use their own out of country parking permits providing it’s in English and hangs from the rear view mirror. However, if your out of country permit is in another language and law enforcement cannot recognize the permit, you may need to obtain a temporary parking permit while in Florida. Temporary parking permits can be obtained from county tax collectors offices in Florida, at a local charge of approximately $15.00 by presenting a copy of the person’s current out of country parking permit, proof of identification such as a passport to verify ownership of the disabled badge. Local Tax Collectors office locations can be obtained from the above website.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 13, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Toryn View Post
We were told if its private land ie Disney etc the blue badge is sufficient Even places like Walmart and Florida mall there has never been a problem I think it's if your on a public highway or other such places you would need the temp permit
Not so, the county sheriff and state law enforcement have ultimate jurisdiction even in WDW parking lots, in fact you will often see patrol cars there. If you read the signs at disabled spaces in WDW parking lots and elsewhere they quote the Florida statute which states the law applicable. We have spoken with a sheriff checking permits on private property and he was adamant they disregard the UK blue badge. He took a good look at our permit.
Old 15 May 13, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by DisneyLover! View Post
I was sent this as part of an email from a Virgin SA Executive:

The Department of Transport of Florida’s website hsmv.state.fl.us, states that visitors to Florida can use their own out of country parking permits providing it’s in English and hangs from the rear view mirror. However, if your out of country permit is in another language and law enforcement cannot recognize the permit, you may need to obtain a temporary parking permit while in Florida. Temporary parking permits can be obtained from county tax collectors offices in Florida, at a local charge of approximately $15.00 by presenting a copy of the person’s current out of country parking permit, proof of identification such as a passport to verify ownership of the disabled badge. Local Tax Collectors office locations can be obtained from the above website.
Yet it states in the information that comes with a Blue Badge it is not able to be used in USA

For $15 I'm not going to worry about the legalities as it's such a little amount compared to the cost of our holidays.
Old 15 May 13, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

We got it last time and was great! For $15 it be mad not too.
Old 15 May 13, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Yet it states in the information that comes with a Blue Badge it is not able to be used in USA

For $15 I'm not going to worry about the legalities as it's such a little amount compared to the cost of our holidays.
Agree with Caron. Just not worth the risk for $15
Old 15 May 13, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WickedPlans View Post
The money isn't an issue, just commenting that we have not used it before...have just ordered one now and have to say it was very straight forward and efficient
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List