Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 May 19, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
It really doesn't matter which terminal you are flying from - they are a few minutes apart on the shuttle. That shouldn't influence which hotel you choose.

The Sofitel is lovely, as you probably know what you've said and is always my first choice. Bloc does look intriguing, due to the runway views, and I'd be tempted to give it a go for that reason.
Agree with this. I thought I would stop using Sofitel when BA changed terminals, but it is literally three minutes away, so we stick to Sofitel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Persnicketty View Post
We used the Bloc for day rooms (at a very decent price) and they were excellent. All we wanted was a kip and some comfort for a few hours.

The only complication we had was that larger rooms were not available for day use and that meant our 4 adults and 2 children were spread over 3 rooms. Still worth it even then.

However you might want to check maximum occupancy per family room if you have 4 children
Hi Persnicketty, thankfully the 4 kids are not ours LOL they are two sets of brothers so they will be split up with their mums and dads. When they get together its been likened to herding cats
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Loved the bloc. We stayed last year. The shower is amazing! Yes the room is small (very) but it was very cozy. I missed having tea and coffee making facilities though. But would book it again if flying from Gatwick.
Old 18 May 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I liked it for the (at least) half hour extra in bed! We had two nights and found the wet room a bit of a faff. I had read this before, so we took an 80p squeegee from Ikea with us and this really helped keep things dry.

We also liked that the bed was really long - maybe 7 feet. It meant that DH could crawl out the bottom of the bed without disturbing me.
Old 19 May 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just used bloc as a day room between Florida and Spain flights. Loved it great location clean and comfortable and cheap. What's not to like
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List