Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 May 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Direct Villas Florida have a great selection of Villas in all communities. 3/4/5 bed villas.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We always use vr360homes
We have used Iain from citrus grove who manages quite a few properties on vr360homes and he has been great
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've used HomeAway in the past but last week booked through debbiesvillas. We had great service from them before booking with emails answered within 10-15 mins

Edited at 07:39 PM.
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
spikeybee
Proud to wear my Ears

We always use holiday letting. And have done for many years.
spikeybee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
Not having a whole lot of luck on the request page, where do people look for villas do you go through the owner or a company? And what do I need to look for to make sure they are above board etc?
X
When you say not having a lot of luck on the request page, have you just put out a general enquiry or actually reached out to individual villa owners? If not, give it a go.

Like others have said, we've used Homeaway, Holiday Lettings and AirBnB in the past, (not only for Florida)

You need to bear in mind there is a likelihood that renting through a 3rd party, whilst easier in some ways, is likely to be more expensive. They apply various costs on top of the owner's basic rental fee.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
geewhiz
slightly serious Dibber

geewhiz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We use home and away to find the villas but always try and find the owners own website and book via that which is usually cheaper.
geewhiz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Persnicketty View Post
When you say not having a lot of luck on the request page, have you just put out a general enquiry or actually reached out to individual villa owners? If not, give it a go.

Like others have said, we've used Homeaway, Holiday Lettings and AirBnB in the past, (not only for Florida)

You need to bear in mind there is a likelihood that renting through a 3rd party, whilst easier in some ways, is likely to be more expensive. They apply various costs on top of the owner's basic rental fee.
I did just mean villa request page ..haven't emailed individual owners as just thought if they were free then they'd let me know but maybe I need to
Do that! X
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Def email owners of villas you like the look of direct. I put request on when I first started looking several years ago & nobody replied. I have used 3 Dibb Villa's (1 was just on homeaway until I told him about this site all British owners, although I suppose that really doesn't make a lot of difference) The one we always use now we found on homeaway so def worth look. 4 bedroom Sunset Lakes.
Sunset Lakes - Villa Aug 2015, Aug 2016 Oct 2017 Oct 2019
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Used owners direct first time we stayed a in villa. Then booked a dibb villa which was sold on no problems at all.