Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 May 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Hello every one i just wanted to come in here and do a little double digit dance! 🎉🎉🎉🎉💃💃💃💃

Our countdown seems to be going so quickly as had originally booked for october but brought it forward to take advantage of some bargain flights in august. Feeling so excited today 😁.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Hello every one i just wanted to come in here and do a little double digit dance! 🎉🎉🎉🎉💃💃💃💃

Our countdown seems to be going so quickly as had originally booked for october but brought it forward to take advantage of some bargain flights in august. Feeling so excited today 😁.
Does it feel good to break the 100 day mark? Not long now 👍
We’re October but have flights booked with Thomas Cooke, the worry and uncertainty is putting a dampener on our planning process at the mo! 🙄
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoayr
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Oh dear, that’s not good. Did they send someone over to give the room a good clean?

Is there a way of contacting CBR before your stay to request a deep clean ?(don’t mind paying extra for it) my daughter has a autoimmune disease so if we arrived to a dirty room they would have to move us 😬
I have spoken to the manager and had the head of housekeeping in my room to show them my areas of concern.

There was no pushback and after the head of housekeeping visiting my room it was all rectified within an hour.

They gave us three extra fast passes per day for the rest of our trip (11 days) as my real complaint was that it took four visits to reception, a chat with the manager and the head of housekeeping to visit my room to get if fixed.

The manager and head of housekeeping were great. It's a shame the standards were not met initially and it took four visits to rectify.

My gut feel is that they thought I wanted an upgrade, when i explained i only wanted a clean environment for my family and that having to repeatedly visit the main desk was a drain on my time they fixed it right away.

We then went back to the room, it was clean, then the toilet flush packed in! One call to maintenance and a guy came out and fixed it within 10 minutes.

I would email your requirements to the hotel, on arrival I would follow up with a good inspection and if not happy get the head of housekeeping straight away.

It has been a minor blip on a great stay so far...
Orlandoayr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We booked over a year ago to go back to CBR and knew that there would be building, however have received this from Virgin today:

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is currently undergoing a development project

Work is taking place for the Skyliner, Disney’s new transportation system which will transport future guests of the Resort to Hollywood Studios & Epcot.
There is also work to the land adjacent to the resort for a new Vacation Club Resort, Disney’s Riviera. During this time, construction work may be seen or heard, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.
Rest assured, Disney continue to ensure all guests enjoy their stay with them at Walt Disney World. If you have any questions, we’re here to help. Please contact our friendly Customer Services team any time.

Is it worth contacting them? We expected there to be work being done so I'm a bit puzzled as to why they've suddenly sent this.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Uncle paul View Post
Does it feel good to break the 100 day mark? Not long now 👍
We’re October but have flights booked with Thomas Cooke, the worry and uncertainty is putting a dampener on our planning process at the mo! 🙄
It feels really good to break the 100 day mark just feels that bit closer now!

I dont know all the ins and outs of whats going on at thomas cook but my sister in law works for them and they are being told all is going to be ok and that alot of the losses being posted are due to the take over of travel city. Im not sure how things will stand long term but hopefully for october you will be ok 🤞 they are certainly being told not to panic.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
CBR e-mail address:

WDW.GM.CaribbeanBeach@disney.com

I’ll also put it on page 1 if this thread so it’s easy to find
😊
Hi - Do you know if this is the same email to make any requests? I would like to request a specific building, I wasn't asked when I booked. Thanks x
Old 22 May 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
We booked over a year ago to go back to CBR and knew that there would be building, however have received this from Virgin today:

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is currently undergoing a development project

Work is taking place for the Skyliner, Disney’s new transportation system which will transport future guests of the Resort to Hollywood Studios & Epcot.
There is also work to the land adjacent to the resort for a new Vacation Club Resort, Disney’s Riviera. During this time, construction work may be seen or heard, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.
Rest assured, Disney continue to ensure all guests enjoy their stay with them at Walt Disney World. If you have any questions, we’re here to help. Please contact our friendly Customer Services team any time.

Is it worth contacting them? We expected there to be work being done so I'm a bit puzzled as to why they've suddenly sent this.
I would imagine that Virgin holiday received a few complaints during the ground works that recently happened around Jamaica & Aruba & the 24 hour works going on at the CBR Skyliner station near Jamaica 41.

They have probably sent the e-mail to cover their backs.

A lot of the Skyliner works will probably be finished or almost finished the time you go, so I wouldn’t worry about it 😊

Edited at 11:31 AM.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by galaxy101 View Post
Hi - Do you know if this is the same email to make any requests? I would like to request a specific building, I wasn't asked when I booked. Thanks x
No I don’t think this e-mail is used for room requests.

Most room requests are sent via the travel agent.
I just rang DisneyUK to put my requests in as I booked my room direct with Disney.

Some people fax their room request. I’ve never done that but if you join the CBR Facebook group they have lots of info & a room request form you can use to fax room requests.

MDE used to work for room requests but doesn’t work atm.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post

It’s a great feeling when it gets into double digits isn’t it.
😊
Old 28 May 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I was just watching Theme park Ohana Coronado Springs and noticed they had one for CBR from a few days ago.
It's just Jen and she does get some info about the pool wrong & is a bit confused on the Skyliner directions at first, but it's nice to watch, not too long and she times her walk from Trinidad to OPR. Enjoy😊