Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 2 Apr 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Ok, a few CBR tips 😊

1) Breakfast
Breakfast is buffet in the food court tent and is 1 QS credit pp if you eat in.
Or you could go to the counter and get a 'To go' tub and fill it with croissants, Mickey waffles, pastries, cakes, whatever you like for 1 QS credit and share it with your family/travelling companions and save your QS credits for lunch/dinner.

If you think you'd want hot food as well as the pastries I'd recommend getting 2 takeaway tubs and filling one with hot food, one with cold. Unless you all particularly want to eat in the food tent for breakfast, the takeaway breakfast is such a good idea and you don't have to have it in your room if you don't want to, there are seating areas outside food tent and by pools.
Or take your tub to the parks with you to eat later..there's a bus stop behind(ish) the food tent.

As far as drinks go, at breakfast they have OJ, coffee, tea, water, fizzy drinks. I think there was another juice there too when we were there?

The food truck by the food tent also does breakfast items as does Island Markets, but IMO the takeaway QS buffet breakfast when shared is the most economical way to have breakfast onsite.

Any questions, please ask & if anyone has any other Breakfast tips, please add to thread.

I'll be back soon with other CBR tips.

😊
Thanks for the tips. Interesting that you can do to go for the breakfast buffet. How big is the container? Might be useful for us to do this a couple of times.

1993 Kissimmee * 1994 Kissimmee *1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century *2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay and Disney Magic Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
HRH ... 10 nights !
Unread 2 Apr 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
you'll all soon be here

Looking forward to it

1993 Kissimmee * 1994 Kissimmee *1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century *2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay and Disney Magic Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
HRH ... 10 nights !
Unread 2 Apr 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Happy Easter CBRers past & present.
Was just thinking back to this time last year when all the comp posts were happening and Papa Mouse's letter.😂
Can't believe that was a year ago.
Was thinking of posting a few CBR tips on here today for future CBR'ers 😊
Id love to read some tips please as its 9 yrs since Ive stayed at CBR!
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
AKL & RPR
Unread 3 Apr 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, sorry I didn't get back with other tips. Keep getting distracted, I will definitely finish my post later today 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
July 2019 POFQ
Unread 3 Apr 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Very Serious Dibber

Only just paid attention to this thread - we've done POR twice as extended family dos, and CBR twice just the three of us, and so I said to the missus on our 2016 trip this feels like "home"...
Now I may change my mind again this Summer when we're in POR as just our little family of three (it may grab me again, the boat to Springs, the grounds etc), but until I read this thread, I was completely oblivious that CBR was going to be DVC. Really tempted to jump on board DVC, so it could become "home" for real!
Unread 3 Apr 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Apprentice Imagineer

and off we go again! gosh we love this thread
Lindfields - Kissimmee - Sept 2017
CBR - Sept 2018
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2021 - Got to be done
Unread 3 Apr 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

We had already decided to embrace the 1QS breakfast buffet, but now I know we only need the 2 to go! Even more bargainlicious. Grab breakfast, head to the bus, eat on the way. Again, not sure what to do if they decide to re open OPR in October!
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 Sunset lakes Dibb villa WDW
2018 CBR WDW 2019 West Coast trip
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
10th anniversary trip WDW
Unread 4 Apr 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry this is taking so long -
Tip no 2 - Buses:
Buses start at Martinique, then: old port royal, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica & last stop Aruba.
Apart from around 7am-9am ish when there are 2 separate bus runs one for Jamaica & Aruba(starting at Jamaica) and one for Martinique, OPR, TN & TS(starting at Martinique.
This order may well change once building works have finished so I'd keep an eye out for possible change of bus pick up order

Buses can be very busy, especially in the mornings and if a bus fills at the first couple of stops it won't stop at the others it'll go straight to the parks and if you are at one of the last stops it is often standing room only.

If relying on the Disney buses you have a disability, have a baby and/or very young children or have an early ADR, these are a few tips that might help you?

Martinique is always first stop at the moment so although set in the middle of building works, you might not want to request to stay here, but you'd be fine getting on your chosen bus here.

There are less people in Martinique village(as half was demolished) so less people waiting at bus stop.

ATM it's a good place to head to to get buses to parks, especially if you are staying in Aruba, which is always the last bus stop - or - the OPR bus stop, this is second stop and when we've got the bus from here have always managed to get a seat.
OPR is a good choice as it's the closest stop to food tent and so you could go for breakfast or get a takeaway and go straight to the bus stop from there.

They are currently constructing new bus shelters at OPR, so this may become a new central hub for buses once complete? Waiting for more info on that .
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
July 2019 POFQ