Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Dec 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
We are doing 9th August to 7th September (first week will be at seaworld)... very worried about the heat lol but we are very excited to be actually booked. I remember walking along with DD saying this will be the most amazing holiday we will ever go on enjoy it... I never dreamt that we would actually go again
4 weeks will be amazing! The most we have done is 19 days which was in 2018, this year we only did 13 nights and in 2016 we did 16 nights! Next year we are doing 17 nights, but slightly annoyed as the kids don't go back till 7th September, and we get back on 1st Sept as they missed a week this year I didn't want them to miss any days, grrr lol.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Oh wow, 4 weeks! How fantastic, I’d love to be able to go for 4 weeks.
We’ve been in August a few times and prefer it to July, as it doesn’t seem as busy, but we can only go in July next year. 😊
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
4 weeks will be amazing! The most we have done is 19 days which was in 2018, this year we only did 13 nights and in 2016 we did 16 nights! Next year we are doing 17 nights, but slightly annoyed as the kids don't go back till 7th September, and we get back on 1st Sept as they missed a week this year I didn't want them to miss any days, grrr lol.
Yes, the flight prices are so high we decided to treat it as 2 holidays... apparently that means no Florida for 2 years after but we shall see

We paid an extra £500 on flights for the week earlier and the seaworld hotel is £544 for 8 nights and the extra tickets less than £600 so I convinced us i was a bargain lol
I didn't really want to miss any days of school but for the sake of 2 days the flight prices were massively different.

It will be interesting to know about the freestyle machines we are in standard accommodation next time so will be somewhere different to last time.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hi Guys

CBR was our first resort at wdw, we had a pirate room that year and I loved it, so did the kids we went back again in 2016 and were in Jamaica which was perfect for the buses, first on and first off, and it was pre construction so no noise or anything.

Anyway, we are going back to CBR next summer after staying offsite on I drive, then OKW, and last summer at POFQ.

I've booked a standard room, but it is one of the rooms with the fifth bed. Do any of you know where these rooms are? Or are they dotted all around the resort? I'd love to be in Jamaica again as the walk over the bridge to centertown was great.

Thanks

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
According to disneytouristblog/be...-beach-resort/

If you want a more specific recommendation, we’d recommend requesting rooms 4501-4504 or 4529-4532. These are going to be a mix of your shortest walk to the Skyliner, bus stop, lobby, and even the Coke Freestyle machine over in building 46.

Really, though, such a specific request is unnecessary–just go for a standard view room in buildings 45 or 51. You can’t go wrong with any of the rooms in this location. All of the buildings adjacent to these are also good options, too. If you’re less picky, we’d expand our recommendations to anything in the range of buildings 43-53.
Thats fab thanks!
Old 28 Dec 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
So you’ll prob be in Jamaica or Aruba - although sometimes they allocate preferred rooms or Pirate rooms for standard room bookings.
Jamaica 41 is closest to the main CBR Skyliner station and Aruba is closest to Riviera station.
There’s some CBR info re Skyliner, freestyle machines, food etc on page 1 of this thread if you haven’t seen it.
We walked from OPR(the lobby/food court) and walked to Skyliner main hub going via Barbados village & timed it, it took 8 minutes. We also went from CBR Skyliner hub to OPR via Jamaica and over bridge(Caribbean Cay) and it took nearly 9 minutes. So you’ll be close enough to Skyliner wherever you are.
If you want to know anything just ask 😊

Thats fab thx, not too much of a walk!
Old 28 Dec 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hi Guys

CBR was our first resort at wdw, we had a pirate room that year and I loved it, so did the kids we went back again in 2016 and were in Jamaica which was perfect for the buses, first on and first off, and it was pre construction so no noise or anything.

Anyway, we are going back to CBR next summer after staying offsite on I drive, then OKW, and last summer at POFQ.

I've booked a standard room, but it is one of the rooms with the fifth bed. Do any of you know where these rooms are? Or are they dotted all around the resort? I'd love to be in Jamaica again as the walk over the bridge to centertown was great.

Thanks
We were there in Oct. booked a standard room and were in Jamaica with a fifth bed.
Great location, handy for Skyliner, Spyglass and OPR. 👍
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by Uncle paul View Post
We were there in Oct. booked a standard room and were in Jamaica with a fifth bed.
Great location, handy for Skyliner, Spyglass and OPR. 👍
Great thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Jamaica again then. I'm really looking forward to riding the skyliner to Epcot and HS too!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Guys does anyone know if the foodcourt sell multi packs of water and soy milk?
Old 29 Dec 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Guys does anyone know if the foodcourt sell multi packs of water and soy milk?
I don't believe they do the multi packs of water but not sure about the soy milk ( think they might but not 100% sure).
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thankyou, that's all good news! Some people think we were mad to change from the YC to CBR, but we spent time over at the BC & YC and really didn't like it, just not our sort of place, so we can't wait! I'm looking forward to trying Spyglass, but am I right in thinking that Banana Cabana isn't on the DDP? Can I also ask, are there freestyle coke machines in each island area still? Or was that just pre refurb? We were in Jamaica last time, and drove me nuts having to walk over to Centretown to get a refill every time we wanted one!
Hi, yes they still have the freestyle machines - in Jamaica they’re in 43 & 46.
I’ve put the location of the others on page 1 of this thread, just so that they’re easy to find 😊
The freestyle machine in 43 is quite close to the pool, so convenient.
There’s also a soda dispenser - but not free style right outside the main pool, right outside Banana Cabana - so you don’t have to go into the main building at all for drinks now 😃
Last I heard Banana Cabana is still not taking ddp.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List