Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 5 Apr 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
After watching the tim tracker all i can think is its gonna be horrendous. The old port royal work i was aware at the time of booking and it didnt bother me but they are doing work for the sky liner literally right near rooms.
People on the Facebook site are saying noise/building works aren't bothering them. But it did seem noisy in that video.
I guess a lot of people spend the day in the parks/waterparks and by the time they get back the builders have finished for the day.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
July 2019 POFQ
Unread 5 Apr 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tallas77
Trying for More Ears

Hi all,

We are due to go in a couple of weeks to CBR.

Which is the better block to request to stay in Jamacia or Aruba? I know that these are last on the bus route, but we will have car so will be driving most days.

Also if I do catch the bus to MK or Epcot, does anyone know how long it takes roughly?

Thanks
tallas77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Off we go again :)
Unread 6 Apr 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tallas77 View Post
Hi all,

We are due to go in a couple of weeks to CBR.

Which is the better block to request to stay in Jamacia or Aruba? I know that these are last on the bus route, but we will have car so will be driving most days.

Also if I do catch the bus to MK or Epcot, does anyone know how long it takes roughly?

Thanks
From what I've read and the pictures I've seen, these might be the best locations ATM for standard rooms.

Aruba: 52,53,54 - although last bus stop, if you're driving though that won't be a problem.

Jamaica: 44,45,46, but not the side of Jamaica 45/46 that is closest to Aruba.

Martinique: not sure as its in the middle of OPR building and Riveira building works.

😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
July 2019 POFQ
Unread 6 Apr 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
From what I've read and the pictures I've seen, these might be the best locations ATM for standard rooms.

Aruba: 52,53,54 - although last bus stop, if you're driving though that won't be a problem.

Jamaica: 44,45,46, but not the side of Jamaica 45/46 that is closest to Aruba.

Martinique: not sure as its in the middle of OPR building and Riveira building works.

😊
I didnt realise until watching the video that there was a gondola station being built inbetween Jamaica and Aruba so it narrows down best place a bit doesnt it. I know Jamaica 45 is usually a recommended one for being close to the bridge to opr but not so much now.

Think well pick a block in the middle of Jamaica and request that.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Finally staying at Caribbean Beach
Unread 6 Apr 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenElsa
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
People on the Facebook site are saying noise/building works aren't bothering them. But it did seem noisy in that video.
I guess a lot of people spend the day in the parks/waterparks and by the time they get back the builders have finished for the day.
was that the same FB group a few from here were banned from for being negative about the construction a year ago

I think we'll have a day of resort hopping in a few weeks so I will hopefully swing by and take a few photos etc
QueenElsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ (11) & Endless Summer (10)
Unread 6 Apr 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Believeinfairys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We arrive at CBR at the end of October, we booked last April so knew about the work (although did think it would be finished by the time we went) As its our first time how realistic is it to think that when most of the construction work is happening we wont actually be at the hotel? The kids will definitely want to spend some time around the pool but there wont be too much time spent actually in our rooms (or will there? ) until bedtime (when, Im assuming there wont be any work happening?) or do people tend to need some room time during the day and should I be working this into our plans?
Believeinfairys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR So excited!
Unread 6 Apr 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

The only time we really spend in the room is showering and sleeping. The last couple of times weve gone back in the afternoon/late afternoon for a quick swim then a shower and quite often grab something to eat at the resort before heading back out again. If weve been to a waterpark for the day then again go back to the resort to shower but then out again after an hour or two.

As we were only doing Disney last year we thought we would spend more time at the resort (which was why we moved from cbr to por) but when it came to it a couple of hours at the resort and we were all ready to head off out somewhere.

We dont really spend much time in the rooms at all but I suppose it depends on childrens ages, with young kids they may want a nap mid day if planning a late night.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Finally staying at Caribbean Beach
Unread 7 Apr 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisylou
Excited about Disney

Does anyone know when the construction will be finished?
I have looked for November 2019 and still get the we need to tell you something message about the construction.

Surely it will be completed by then?
Lisylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2019?
Eat and Play Card