Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Feb 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
It was unfortunate but it can happen anywhere - wouldn’t put us off staying there again though. We still love the location.
Agree entirely.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Stayed last summer and loved it, quiet and great villa overlooking lake. Re gates/security yes it’s easy to tail some1 in as I did several times but our villa was secure and I think you’d be unlucky if anything happened aspose to it being a bad area. Brilliant for access to Disney /shops and restaurants
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve stayed there 4 or 5 times - have made it from being parked outside the villa to the turnstiles at Animal Kingdom in10 mins one evening - DS had bought a new digital watch in the outlets that day and timed us.
We love Sunset Lakes however our villa was broken into the last time we stayed there so gated doesn’t necessarily mean secure.
The incident to which you refer, a couple of years ago, was a rare event
however we have cameras on the gates and he was caught and is now serving a stiff sentence...
it is usually very quiet...and the lakes, many properties have a panoramic view, are very calming and give a feeling of space and privacy
Happy villa hunting!
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Mobile

We’ve stayed there 4 or 5 times - have made it from being parked outside the villa to the turnstiles at Animal Kingdom in10 mins one evening - DS had bought a new digital watch in the outlets that day and timed us.
We love Sunset Lakes however our villa was broken into the last time we stayed there so gated
doesn’t necessarily mean secure.
Oh dear that’s not good. Hope you were all ok.
Old 26 Feb 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks everyone for your input. Sunset lakes sounds ideal.
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Susan Coleman View Post
The incident to which you refer, a couple of years ago, was a rare event
however we have cameras on the gates and he was caught and is now serving a stiff sentence...
it is usually very quiet...and the lakes, many properties have a panoramic view, are very calming and give a feeling of space and privacy
Happy villa hunting!
Just curious as to how you know details of the incident as I don’t remember sharing anything about it here? Also without detracting from Sunset Lakes, we were told by the sheriff that it wasn’t an isolated incident.
I’m glad he was caught.

Edited at 04:28 PM.
Joshie1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Leah30
Helping Minnie

SL is my favorite community.

so close and central to everything but a peaceful escape too.

in fact I am on a countdown to my next visit

and this time we have overlook the Lake

Florida Obsessed
Leah30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Just curious as to how you know details of the incident as I don’t remember sharing anything about it here? Also without detracting from Sunset Lakes, we were told by the sheriff that it wasn’t an isolated incident.
to be fair in 2012 we stayed at emerald island which has actual security guards and the gate and another villa on the community was broken into even with that. a break in at sunset lakes, whilst upsetting isn't a reflection on the community. Like here it can happen anywhere, even communities with security 24/7.

we've stayed there twice and its our favourite out of all the places we have stayed in florida, close to everything, including the parks and restaurants but a peaceful haven after long days at the parks.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
to be fair in 2012 we stayed at emerald island which has actual security guards and the gate and another villa on the community was broken into even with that. a break in at sunset lakes, whilst upsetting isn't a reflection on the community. Like here it can happen anywhere, even communities with security 24/7.

we've stayed there twice and its our favourite out of all the places we have stayed in florida, close to everything, including the parks and restaurants but a peaceful haven after long days at the parks.
If you read back through the thread, you will see I said it wouldn’t put us off staying there again. We still really like Sunset Lakes.
Any home could be broken into at anytime, home or away. It didn’t affect our holiday at all.
We probably wouldn’t stay in the same villa again but it is no longer listed as a dibb villa and I prefer to book our accommodation via the villa list here.
I’m actually looking at Sunset Lakes for our trip next year.
Joshie1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
If you read back through the thread, you will see I said it wouldn’t put us off staying there again. We still really like Sunset Lakes.
Any home could be broken into at anytime, home or away. It didn’t affect our holiday at all.
We probably wouldn’t stay in the same villa again but it is no longer listed as a dibb villa and I prefer to book our accommodation via the villa list here.
I’m actually looking at Sunset Lakes for our trip next year.
i did read that i just wanted to balance the thread a bit for anyone looking for a villa. Didn't want people thinking villa break ins are a regular occurrence or more of an issue at sunset lakes than anywhere else.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List