Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 26 Feb 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Leah30
Proud to wear my Ears

SL is my favorite community.

so close and central to everything but a peaceful escape too.

in fact I am on a countdown to my next visit

and this time we have overlook the Lake

Florida Obsessed
Leah30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Sunset Lakes here we come
Unread 26 Feb 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Just curious as to how you know details of the incident as I dont remember sharing anything about it here? Also without detracting from Sunset Lakes, we were told by the sheriff that it wasnt an isolated incident.
to be fair in 2012 we stayed at emerald island which has actual security guards and the gate and another villa on the community was broken into even with that. a break in at sunset lakes, whilst upsetting isn't a reflection on the community. Like here it can happen anywhere, even communities with security 24/7.

we've stayed there twice and its our favourite out of all the places we have stayed in florida, close to everything, including the parks and restaurants but a peaceful haven after long days at the parks.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
to be fair in 2012 we stayed at emerald island which has actual security guards and the gate and another villa on the community was broken into even with that. a break in at sunset lakes, whilst upsetting isn't a reflection on the community. Like here it can happen anywhere, even communities with security 24/7.

we've stayed there twice and its our favourite out of all the places we have stayed in florida, close to everything, including the parks and restaurants but a peaceful haven after long days at the parks.
If you read back through the thread, you will see I said it wouldnt put us off staying there again. We still really like Sunset Lakes.
Any home could be broken into at anytime, home or away. It didnt affect our holiday at all.
We probably wouldnt stay in the same villa again but it is no longer listed as a dibb villa and I prefer to book our accommodation via the villa list here.
Im actually looking at Sunset Lakes for our trip next year.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR - May 2020
Unread 26 Feb 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
If you read back through the thread, you will see I said it wouldnt put us off staying there again. We still really like Sunset Lakes.
Any home could be broken into at anytime, home or away. It didnt affect our holiday at all.
We probably wouldnt stay in the same villa again but it is no longer listed as a dibb villa and I prefer to book our accommodation via the villa list here.
Im actually looking at Sunset Lakes for our trip next year.
i did read that i just wanted to balance the thread a bit for anyone looking for a villa. Didn't want people thinking villa break ins are a regular occurrence or more of an issue at sunset lakes than anywhere else.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
VIP Dibber

We have stayed on Sunset Lakes a number of times. Great location, lovely views over the lakes and secure gated community. Currently on the lookout for a villa for next August and really struggling - lots of organised Disney people
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 27 Feb 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyDisney
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Stayed in Sunset Lakes in 2017 and would happily stay again. Great location for restaurants and parks. Lovely setting and Villa Aurora was perfect. Cannot praise it enough.
FamilyDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 27 Feb 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We'll be making our 3rd trip to sunset lakes in May. We have been.lucky to stay in a lovely DIBB villa that looks into the small lake and nothing better than sitting our on the pool deck in the morning with your coffee watching the lake and wildlife. We've even been lucky enough to see hot air balloons fly over. Found it easy enough to navigate to Disney, universal and supermarkets close by. We think it's the perfect location.
Unread 28 Feb 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyDisney View Post
Stayed in Sunset Lakes in 2017 and would happily stay again. Great location for restaurants and parks. Lovely setting and Villa Aurora was perfect. Cannot praise it enough.
Ooh I'm staying there later on in the year. I can't wait
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida!
Eat and Play Card