Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Eat and Play Card
Unread 15 May 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
As above they will tell you when you check in which park has early entry but if you want to know in advance you could bookmark this page on Universals website. universalorlando/web...ion/index.html
It also tells you which rides will be open.
They do change it "on-the-fly" sometimes, especially at the end of a long run of one park being open early - when we went time before last, it was changing from US to IOA but after one day went back to US.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
WhereIBelong is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 15 May 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Earning More Ears

Early entry is useful for Volcano Bay if you are planning on going there.
MaryMendes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 15 May 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If youre up early then go for it but the major perk of staying in the big 3 hotels is the fastpass, no need to set an alarm, apart from for volcano bay, definitely get there for opening.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Softy returns.
Unread 15 May 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy123
A Guest at All-Stars

I found that not only was hardly anything open, they wouldn't allow use of the Express Pass during early access. As a result, I think the only park worth using the early access is Volcano bay!
Fairy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lothaerna
Proud to wear my Ears

lothaerna's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Interesting to know peoples takes on it. Mostly we wanted it for the express pass. Plus the universal and Disney hotels are quite expensive for us. So its a wee treat while we are there.

To conclude, the one hour early entry is not great because its only for a few things and you cant use your fast pass (I guess thats cos everyone who is there, has them and has got in an hour early). But the 1hour early is good for volcano bay. We are only staying the one night so I think the express pass is better used in studios and islands.

Thanks for all the info!

Read my First pre-trip here

I will be doing a food report... hopefully.
lothaerna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Next trip is booked with the Ohana
Unread 16 May 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by lothaerna View Post
Interesting to know peoples takes on it. Mostly we wanted it for the express pass. Plus the universal and Disney hotels are quite expensive for us. So its a wee treat while we are there.

To conclude, the one hour early entry is not great because its only for a few things and you cant use your fast pass (I guess thats cos everyone who is there, has them and has got in an hour early). But the 1hour early is good for volcano bay. We are only staying the one night so I think the express pass is better used in studios and islands.

Thanks for all the info!
The express pass is definitely more valuable than early entry. But I wouldnt say early entry is not great. The HP attractions are the most popular and it is a good opportunity to get them done whilst it is quiet. In January the Hippogriff queue was usually fifty minutes even with an express pass during regular park hours! You dont need to use the express pass during the first hour because there are no queues anyway and as you say, majority of people there will have them anyway.

We went for seven days this year and we utilised early morning hours maybe three times, probably would have used it more had IoA been open early but it was only US that week. If I were going for just one night, then I would definitely take advantage of early opening.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Unread 16 May 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lothaerna View Post

Thanks for all the info!
And the hotel express pass doesnt work in Volcano Bay.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Softy returns.
Unread 17 May 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Apprentice Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You can check in really early too. We stayed in RPR and were checking in by 7.30am, but I know others have checked in even earlier. Our room was actually ready, so we threw our bags in and were in the park by 8.15am. By 3pm the next day we had done everything we wanted (some rides several times) and really enjoyed being able to take our time and wander around the parks. It honestly makes all the difference. I wouldn't want to do it without the express parks again.
Florida Tix