Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 May 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

If you’re up early then go for it but the major perk of staying in the big 3 hotels is the fastpass, no need to set an alarm, apart from for volcano bay, definitely get there for opening.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy123
Proud to wear my Ears

I found that not only was hardly anything open, they wouldn't allow use of the Express Pass during early access. As a result, I think the only park worth using the early access is Volcano bay!
Fairy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lothaerna
Proud to wear my Ears

lothaerna's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Interesting to know peoples takes on it. Mostly we wanted it for the express pass. Plus the universal and Disney hotels are quite expensive for us. So it’s a wee treat while we are there.

To conclude, the one hour early entry is not great because it’s only for a few things and you can’t use your fast pass (I guess that’s cos everyone who is there, has them and has got in an hour early). But the 1hour early is good for volcano bay. We are only staying the one night so I think the express pass is better used in studios and islands.

Thanks for all the info!

Read my First pre-trip here

I will be doing a food report... hopefully.
lothaerna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lothaerna View Post
Interesting to know peoples takes on it. Mostly we wanted it for the express pass. Plus the universal and Disney hotels are quite expensive for us. So it’s a wee treat while we are there.

To conclude, the one hour early entry is not great because it’s only for a few things and you can’t use your fast pass (I guess that’s cos everyone who is there, has them and has got in an hour early). But the 1hour early is good for volcano bay. We are only staying the one night so I think the express pass is better used in studios and islands.

Thanks for all the info!
The express pass is definitely more valuable than early entry. But I wouldn’t say early entry is not great. The HP attractions are the most popular and it is a good opportunity to get them done whilst it is quiet. In January the Hippogriff queue was usually fifty minutes even with an express pass during regular park hours! You don’t need to use the express pass during the first hour because there are no queues anyway and as you say, majority of people there will have them anyway.

We went for seven days this year and we utilised early morning hours maybe three times, probably would have used it more had IoA been open early but it was only US that week. If I were going for just one night, then I would definitely take advantage of early opening.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all the info!
And the hotel express pass doesn’t work in Volcano Bay.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
You can check in really early too. We stayed in RPR and were checking in by 7.30am, but I know others have checked in even earlier. Our room was actually ready, so we threw our bags in and were in the park by 8.15am. By 3pm the next day we had done everything we wanted (some rides several times) and really enjoyed being able to take our time and wander around the parks. It honestly makes all the difference. I wouldn't want to do it without the express parks again.
Old 17 May 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lothaerna
Proud to wear my Ears

lothaerna's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It also says on the benefits that we get priority seating at select restaurants, does anyone know which ones, do we just turn up and they will seat us quicker?

Read my First pre-trip here

I will be doing a food report... hopefully.
lothaerna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

It also says on the benefits that we get priority seating at select restaurants, does anyone know which ones, do we just turn up and they will seat us quicker?
Now this is one that has always puzzled me as I have also heard it a lot. I have never worked out how I could physically march to the front of a queue and ask to be seated straight away though. When we checked in for our trip this year, I asked the receptionist how priority seating worked and they did not have a clue what I was talking about.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

it is also a bit of a waste I'm afraid - the restaurants are all in citywalk/parks... guess where most of the people eating in the restaurants are staying...

We went - all naive - into Hard Rock Cafe and said we had priority seating - they said - yep, so does most of the line ... please wait over there... at the end...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

If you have an interactive wand, the early entry is a really good time to go around and do the spells as most people head straight to the rides. You can then head to the HP rides once the park has opened with your express pass

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List