Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
ResalesDVC
Unread 19 May 19, 04:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have stayed at both. We had a regular bay view room at Portofino and a suite at RPR but although we had more room at RPR due to room type, I believe that comparing regular room to regular room, Portofino will provide a lot more space.

We liked the room and large bathroom at Portofino but we had a number of service issues and found the staff unpleasant. We walked back to the hotel from the parks a couple of times, but didnt want to walk to the park and get all hot before even starting our day. On the other hand we walked to the parks, there and back, twice a day every day from RPR.

So there is no debate for us, based primarily on location, we would only consider RPR for future trips.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Unread 19 May 19, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Apprentice Imagineer

I've stayed at both and think PB is nicer-larger rooms, more luxurious and quieter. DD had a birthday the day we arrived so we were upgraded in terms of room size and location. Also she had treats sent to the room by reception.

Once we had a RPR room that overlooked the park-loved sitting in the room and looking out at the hulk. We had very good service, here, too.

If price were the same, PB for size.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Really enjoyed both and we like to go club.( you get a delux room at PB)
I just feel PB is better, bigger rooms. I like that you get a separate bath and shower. Nice and relaxing atmosphere, but so has RP.
Sitting in Starbucks in the early morning watching the boats is my favourite pastime.
The theming in both are excellent its a hard choice regardless of price!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Always counting down!
Unread 19 May 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Excited about Disney

Stayed at both - adore RPR but Portofino is even better. If they were the same price then Portofino wins hands down. If RPR is considerably less expensive then I would choose that as it is still amazing.

RPR is closer to the parks, has a superb theme and is a beautiful hotel. Portofino has more pool options, bigger rooms and even better theming.

Whichever you choose you will love it. First time we stayed at any of the Universal hotels was amazing.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Only stayed at RPR , love it, good for walking to parks, rooms good, staff lovely at pool, ate at jakes at hotel, food good, huge portions, also ate at Islands dining, gorgeous, but not cheap, staying again for 3rd time next year
Inky is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.Return visit
Unread 20 May 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Might be worth noting PB is a big hotel with lots of small alleys and lots of steps so easy to get lost. RPR seems more compact. Both are very nice, but I'd probably choose RPR for the easier access, not as much time to discover the resort, plus I'm not a great fan of italian food.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
Apprentice Imagineer

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Watching with interest as we'e booked RPR this year. Loved our stay at PB, its only downside is the walking time to the parks (or boat) it does seem a bit further out. Other than that its a fab hotel.
amarooney is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR, RPR and Orange Lakes Resort
Attraction Tickets Direct