Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 19 May 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

combined onsite and i drive holiday - tell me about it

If you like to stay onsite and offsite - please share some info on it. We are thinking 2 weeks onsite and 1 offiste, but while offsite potentially also have another night at Universal. Would love to read anything and everything about your mixed holiday and if you have trip reports- please share them with me

Where do you stay offsite, do you find moving from hotel to hotel bothersome etc
Alien is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ & HRH?
Unread 19 May 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Excited about Disney

Done this many times - we enjoy staying at different hotels and it breaks things up a bit. Generally we would do

10 nights at Disney
6 staying on I drive for Seaworld and Busch Gardens
5 nights at Universal

If you are doing a night or two at one hotel, just pack one case with clothes / essentials for that and leave all your other stuff in the suitcases
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

We are doing 5 nights onsite and 9 at Bahama Bay . One case will have the first 5 nights stuff in the other will remain closed . We will just wash everything weve worn when we get to the condo. It will be interesting sharing a room for a longer period as we all like our own space.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
4th visit now the YC and Bahama bay :)
Unread 19 May 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Excited about Disney

On I drive we have stayed at Rosen Centre / Plaza / Inn / Pointe / International - liked them all and in that order. Also The Castle (disappointing) Embassy Suites (good)

I Drive is totally different to Disney - like being on a different holiday. I would recommend it, Disney is fabulous but some time outside 'the bubble' is also great.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We are doing 2 nights universal, 4 nights Springhill suites on idrive, then 14 nights at AKL with our DVC. We like to end at Disney and like to chill towards the end of the holiday, so no moving around then. We love idrive for the convenience of walking to all the different restaurants and we love Disney for that bubble feeling.

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
21 days of FUN!
ginger ninja is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 19 May 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorry69
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Last year we booked a beautiful villa at Highlands Reserve in Davenport for our first week then two nights at Sapphire Falls. Our last two weeks were at Saratoga Springs Resort in Disney. We werent too sure whether to do the villa at the beginning of the holiday or at the end, but we were glad of being well rested before taking on Disney.
Lorry69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
4th Once in a lifetime!
Unread 20 May 19, 05:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
We are doing 2 nights universal, 4 nights Springhill suites on idrive, then 14 nights at AKL with our DVC. We like to end at Disney and like to chill towards the end of the holiday, so no moving around then. We love idrive for the convenience of walking to all the different restaurants and we love Disney for that bubble feeling.
Did you do them in this order?
Alien is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ & HRH?
Unread 20 May 19, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lorry69 View Post
We werent too sure whether to do the villa at the beginning of the holiday or at the end, but we were glad of being well rested before taking on Disney.
I am kind of wondering the same
POFQ & HRH?
Attraction Tickets Direct