Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
ResalesDVC
Unread 20 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If we have enough Tesco Deals we stay "free" at the Hilton attached to the south terminal. Not free of course but currently 3/1 exchange rate. Book direct with Hilton and you don't pay taxes on top. However if I'm paying with real cash we've never beaten the PI opposite the north terminal pricewise.

As others have said don't choose the hotel simply on where you're flying from. Frequent monorail takes a few minutes.

Mick
Unread 20 May 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

From what i read of your post, and if i were you, i would be booking the Bloc, 100%

Roll out of bed and into departures south

Go to check in, get yr boarding cards, return to yr room for remaining hand luggage etc and then go through security.

Disney332

Edited at 08:49 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I always stay at the Sofitel as I am in that hotel groups loyalty scheme. Never waited more than two minutes for a shuttle to the other terminal and the shuttle journey is a couple of minutes too. So no need to stick to hotels at a specific terminal.
Absolutely adore the Sofitel, a more grown up hotel. Do Twilight check in a 5. Then to the Sofitel bar, a couple of relaxing cocktails. A shower then a wonderful meal in the Chinese with my darling husband.

A lovely evening then, next morning straight to the South Terminal.

I always ask for the same room as the room we have over looks the North Terminal and you can see everyone arriving to go on holiday all excited and ready. Love it Love it Love it.

Going in June and can not wait.

The Premier North is fab too, but for us the Sofitel is just a bit more Adult. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Lake Garda,then Norfolk &Tenerife
Unread 20 May 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Apprentice Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
We always do the Premier Inn on Airport Way just minutes from the airport. After twilight check in we have dinner and a couple of drinks to start the holiday off.
This is what were doing this year

Sticking to a budget Oct 18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Mardi Gras here we come!
Unread 20 May 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

I booked the Hilton South Terminal for October as I got a deal with my blue light card, it was only 20 more inc breakfast than the Premier Inn north for our dates so with the discount worked out a good deal. It's only somewhere to get our heads down that night!
All Star Sports/POFQ/Dibb villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 2019
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
No Florida this year, yeah right!
Unread 20 May 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
There's very little to choose between them all especially as most US flights mean it's sleep and run.
We left it too late to get a cheapie 35 at thePremier at the North terminal which is walkable last month sobooked the new Travelodge Plus a two minute shuttle ride away. Nice bar and food , even had an Easter egg hunt for the kids... for 28 ... bargain and one of the quietest airport hotels I've ever stayed in. Even though there were lots of guests coming and going at all hours as you'd expect, we didn't hear a thing !
Booked this hotel and meal deal for the last few years. Never had a bad room or meal and look forward to incorporate the stay as part of our holiday. We take and extra bottle of wine and a few cans of beer to make our stay extra enjoyable. 🍷🍻🍷🍻🍷

BWV Oct/Nov 2019
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
QuickSilver