Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Florida Escapes
Unread 21 May 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed in the St Pete's / Treasure Island / Indian Rocks area for many years now. We have to have a view of water but have gone from beach front condos to Waterfront villa's now -for the space, privacy, private pool, dock for fishing, cycles and canoes at the villa. And I never cook Lots of fantastic restaurants in easy walking distance. I would never go back to a hotel again. Try Homeaway.com (pay using a pre-paid dollar card) for some inspiration
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Thanks guys for all the advice so far - I've seen some suites at Treasure Island - Sunset Vista - which look good and quite like the look of John's Pass
I've got some planning to do...
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

Sunset vistas is nice if you get an ocean front room on a high floor. They are quite expensive now though
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Redsox77 View Post
Sunset vistas is nice if you get an ocean front room on a high floor. They are quite expensive now though
Thanks - have you stayed there? If so did you think the rooms were clean (I've read conflicting reviews) - also is it easy to walk to john's pass or would you take one of those free shuttles (with tip of course! )
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

we never had any problems with cleanliness - all the times we stayed everything was very clean in the condos. SOME of the Condos there are owned by people and rented out so nothing to do with Sunset Vistas any more so I cannot comment on those.
We preferred high rooms, Gulf front and West side so not above the pool. Really great place and about 20mins walk to Johns' pass. We would often walk there along the beach and come back the road way (all incredibly safe and well lit). With the dollar rate not so good we found their prices too high so opted for House rentals and haven't gone back. Have very fond memories of it for our introduction to the area. I think they do a dscount code for facebook friends but best to ask them:
facebook/SunsetVistas
Unread 26 May 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
VIP Dibber

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
We are staying at the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota for 3 nights. The hotel overlooks the bay. They run a free shuttle bus which runs from the hotel through (and stops here) Armand Circle (lots of shops and restaurants) then on to the private beach club on lido key.

If you want cheaper then how about St Petes, Clearwater?
Ive stayed there a few times Minnie - one of my favourites. Beach club is lovely
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
Excited about Disney

A few suggestions for St Pete Beach.

The Sirata Beach, The Alden Resort, Beach House Suites by Don Cesar or the Bon Aire Resort.
Unread 27 May 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

We book a villa every visit and the most cooking that we do is to warm up takeaway in the microwave and the toaster.
Kenwood Travel