Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jan 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
According to Tripadvisor, out of the 3300 people that have rated it 56% rated it as excellent and a further 28% as very good, so that covers 84% of previous guests. 2% rated it as terrible. I really don't think there is that much to worry about.
This

Its a lovely hotel

The smell when you walk in

Edited at 03:33 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
I've booked a garden view room with the free dining, only for a week, in August.

It's a once in a lifetime trip for us to stay here and I am using my Grandad's inheritance he left me as I thought it would be something to special to do. We are staying offsite for the rest of our trip.

I don't know what to do. I've read the bad reviews, and the good and my mind is spinning! I don't want to go somewhere having used my Grandad's money, have a terrible room and be complaining all the time. We don't have a luck in life as it is and things tend to go wrong for us!

I've put down a £250 deposit for the booking as we are family of five and don't want to lose that either. What options do I have?
We choose to go to the BC most trips, and we certainly wouldn't keep paying that to go back again and again if it wasn't a lovely resort. We're booked to go back in September and we can't wait. We're reluctant to stay elsewhere - the whole Crescent lake area is beautiful and so well located.
There are good and bad reviews of every resort/hotel both on and offsite, we've had only one small problem in 8 stays and it was dealt with perfectly, please don't worry.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

we stayed there for 5 days last summer. we wrote to Disney and explained it was DD1's 16th birthday and just taken her exams. on arrival they upgraded us to Club Level so might be worth saying it's your birthday.

I could not recommend BC more, loved the feel of the hotel, it was easy to walk to both Epcot and DHS; we also loved walking around the Boardwalk.

Hoping you'll have a fantastic time.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all - you’ve eased my mind at bit! I also don’t want to have to tell my children we aren’t staying there as they are so excited about the pool 😉

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Marthamouse
Earning More Ears

Although a little while ago now (Nov 2018) my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our week there. Lovely clean room, helpful staff and a really pleasant atmosphere. Your kids will love the pool - my 5 year old preferred the pool time to the parks!
Marthamouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List