Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 19 Mar 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

September 2019 onsite itinerary help!

Hi all,

My ADR day is Thursday and I am hoping someone more experienced might be able to have a look over my current plan?

We are 11 nights on site at Coronado Springs with DDP. 2 adults. Arriving in US on 6th Sept so no jet lag issues to be concerned with. We do have a car if needed but plan to use Disney transport in the main (cocktails on the DDP – yes!).

Tuesday 17th September – arrive around 3pm. Straight to AK - Tusker house ADR 6pm.

Wednesday 18th September – ADR Garden Gill 8am, Blizzard beach mid-morning/afternoon, Epcot later if we feel up to it then onto Magic Kingdom for EEH

Thursday 19th Sept – Epcot AM (EMH) Typhoon Lagoon late morning for a few hours, Hollywood Studios late afternoon/evening – ADR Sci Fi Diner 7pm

Friday 20th Sept – MK morning (EMH) ADR Crystal Palace 10:30am, over to Epcot for the rest of the day for F&W nibbles and Teppan Edo ADR 8pm

Saturday 21st Sept – Kennedy Space Centre and then Ohana ADR 7:30pm to watch Fireworks from beach

Sunday 22nd Sept – HS AM (EMH) then offsite shopping and onto Springs. ADR T-Rex 7:30pm

Monday 23rd Sept – Universal all day. No ADR’s

Tuesday 24th Sept – Lazy morning after Universal day, over to AK then Epcot (no ADR’s at the minute)

Wednesday 25th Sept – MK for BOG breakfast 8am, Typhoon Lagoon mid-morning / afternoon, Trails End ADR 6pm and then to MK for EEH.

Thursday 26th Sept – Epcot AM (EMH), then to Blizzard beach and later AK – ADR Sanaa 6:30pm

Friday 27th Sept – MK AM (EMH), then back to Blizzard Beach and then to AK. Yak & Yeti ADR 6pm

Saturday 28th Sept – AK AM (EMH), then to Springs ADR Homecomin 1pm. Magic express picking up at CSR around 3:30/4pm

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 01:35 PM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

I am staying in CSR for 11 nights from the same day as you ! I am nervous about ADRs on Thursday! Your plan looks quite busy park hopping but I am by no way experienced so not the best person to comment on that. Hope you get what ADRs you want .
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LN89 View Post
I am staying in CSR for 11 nights from the same day as you ! I am nervous about ADRs on Thursday! Your plan looks quite busy park hopping but I am by no way experienced so not the best person to comment on that. Hope you get what ADRs you want .
OH wow what a coincidence are you flying out on the 17th? We fly out on the 6th to New Orleans and are doing a road trip. Flying back on the 28th

I've been to WDW a fair few times but those were quite different, I wasn't in charge (with parents) and it was before the days of FP+ and having to pre book dining reservations. We just used to walk up to the podium at Crystal Palace, Garden Grill etc with no reservation and get a table every time

This time is my first in 10 years and I am chief planner, I have tried to take as much advice from the Dibb as possible by using EMH / EEH then moving onto a different park, breaking up the day by going to a water park /back to hotel etc. We will see if it works

I hope you get your ADR's that you want, I am a bit nervous to be honest about getting what we want especially now GE will be open whilst we are there!

catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Sat 21st Sept looks the greatest challenge.

To much for me, but I am sure you will be fine.

Disney332
Old 20 Mar 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

It looks way to challenging for me, in particular the days that are park, waterpark, another park. We normally do waterpark then park.

A lot of people advise to make the most of extra morning hours but to avoid the extra evening hours, they are incredibly busy and no fast passes,
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It looks way to challenging for me, in particular the days that are park, waterpark, another park. We normally do waterpark then park.

A lot of people advise to make the most of extra morning hours but to avoid the extra evening hours, they are incredibly busy and no fast passes,
I agree with Claudette, we tend to focus on 1 park a day (2 at max) I wouldn't be putting a waterpark in between two other parks as they are quite a chew to get too if using busses? Although I'm sure ok if driving. We do one extra evening hours at MK and Epcot (even then only an hour) as we are not morning people, but they can be a little busy until the offsiters leave.

I've got last years and this years plan to see if you like to get an idea of what we managed.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Thanks all. I think the EMH are there and if we feel upto it we might go over (after checking the wait times on the app ). I have either 2 or 3 parks on each day. The 3 park days we plan to go for EMH, book 3 fastpasses for after EMH and we will probably end up leaving the parks before lunchtime. I have never stayed onsite before but reading quite a few onsite blogs/posts I had seen that quite a lot of people do that/recommend that. I had then thought a waterpark for a few hours might be quite relaxing. We are at CSR so close/walkable to BB and can drive to TL if need-be.

We are young and fit and child free, and if we struggle we can always change things around

Old 21 Mar 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Thanks all. I think the EMH are there and if we feel upto it we might go over (after checking the wait times on the app ). I have either 2 or 3 parks on each day. The 3 park days we plan to go for EMH, book 3 fastpasses for after EMH and we will probably end up leaving the parks before lunchtime. I have never stayed onsite before but reading quite a few onsite blogs/posts I had seen that quite a lot of people do that/recommend that. I had then thought a waterpark for a few hours might be quite relaxing. We are at CSR so close/walkable to BB and can drive to TL if need-be.

We are young and fit and child free, and if we struggle we can always change things around
I think that water parks are best done at opening times. We have been at a relatively quiet time of year and relatively early day of the week, but an hour or two after opening and you could not really get on anything without a long queu, whereas first thing it was great. I just couldn’t be bothered with the faff of changing twice in a day for the park, waterpark, park schedule.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

We are staying CS on the 5th Sept -19th and I'm currently going through our plan. It's just me and the husband so we have no children to worry about. So far my plan just has two parks max per day as we are first timers and really not sure what we can manage. I have put water parks at the beginning of days though (purely because I couldn't be bothered with the faffing around changing clothes). I also haven't made ADR for every day of our stay as I didn't want the plan to be too restrictive.
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

The plan looks OK and some of it will depend on the day and how you feel.

One thing I would do though is book the ADR's for later - maybe 7.30pm or 8.00pm each evening? That way you give yourself a little bit of breathing time after a long day

Edited at 09:25 PM.
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List