Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Oct 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I have a regular DD set up to go in to a savings account monthly and then pay the whole lot in January with a fee free card. I did use to try and be savvy with paying bits when the exchange rate was good but I would forget. This way the money is always ready when the dues bill comes through and I don't have to think about it.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
disney-101
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

disney-101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
We paid using our Creation card last year (similar to the Halifax one but not as big a company so we’re switching). This year we’ve paid off a small amount each month, then rented some points and bought Disney cards using PayPal to pay off a lump sum. Hopefully we’ll be enough in credit by the end of the year to cover the whole amount.
How did you buy the Disney gift cards? When I tried to do this last year I didn’t manage to as there was a problem with my address being outside USA. Did you get the e-gift cards?

Thanks.
2012 SSR
disney-101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
crux
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Does that mean I can use the $500 left on my FairFx card to 'pre-pay' my dues on the DVC website now, rather than wait for the full bill to hit my credit card in January? If so I might as well as we won't be going in 2020. We're in the process of selling one of our two contracts, so the cash would just sit on the FairFx card otherwise.
Beach Club Villas 2003 2006 2009 2012 2014 2015 2018
Boardwalk Villas 2016
crux is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by crux View Post
Does that mean I can use the $500 left on my FairFx card to 'pre-pay' my dues on the DVC website now, rather than wait for the full bill to hit my credit card in January? If so I might as well as we won't be going in 2020. We're in the process of selling one of our two contracts, so the cash would just sit on the FairFx card otherwise.
Yes. Just go to pay it, select pay by contract then enter the amount and press proceed when you get the warning there are no dues owed.
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
I have a regular DD set up to go in to a savings account monthly and then pay the whole lot in January with a fee free card. I did use to try and be savvy with paying bits when the exchange rate was good but I would forget. This way the money is always ready when the dues bill comes through and I don't have to think about it.
This is exactly what we do. I’ve had to put away £20 extra this year to cover any impending increase. I’m hoping I won’t need it and it can stay in the pot for next year but I know I’m only dreaming 😂
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney-101 View Post
How did you buy the Disney gift cards? When I tried to do this last year I didn’t manage to as there was a problem with my address being outside USA. Did you get the e-gift cards?

Thanks.
Sorry for the slow response but I’ve been away. We bought the e-gift cards from Target. As far as I’m aware this is currently the only place that accepts a UK address.
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Target gift card worked for me too, I had a problem with the website for a few weeks (just wouldn’t work). But all good again now!

You can use PayPal too with a Target (very handy if you have rented points via Daves; and if you set up your PayPal account in dollars then you avoid the risks of the exchange rates - Br’er was a genius figuring that out! )

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney-101 View Post

Thanks.
We managed to buy Disney egift cards online at both Disney Shop and Target back in March, check out this thread first...
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150126

And if that doesn't help check out... https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1122498

But if you can't get it to work then let us know the problem and we'll check it out.

Good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyrobes
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyrobes View Post
I signed up for one earlier this year but got stuck on a waiting list. Got prompted again and signed up and now my card is on its way. I’ll feedback on my experience once I put a dues payment through
FYI. Put a payment through yesterday. All went through and appeared on the curve app instantly and on my virgin credit card the next day. Will be the way I do it from now on.
Disneyrobes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyrobes View Post
FYI. Put a payment through yesterday. All went through and appeared on the curve app instantly and on my virgin credit card the next day. Will be the way I do it from now on.
trying to sort out a curve card and can't get it to go past confirm your pin :-( where am I going wrong?