Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 17 Nov 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Appalling Lidl Signature Filet Steak

Got this opened last night for 'tea'.

Always had good filets from Lidl for the money. I get the signature ones, 30 day dry aged.

This though was an abomination.

I took it straight back. The manager said he would not feed his dog this, gave me a refund and a free one.

Good resolution, but there is something seriously wrong when this gets through quality control.

Old 17 Nov 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

ughhhhh ! poor baby who died for that.

x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looks like the wrong cut of meat was put in the packet - doesn’t look like a piece of fillet at all.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

That looks disgusting, YT did you not check it over before buying ? sometimes they place it in the packaging so you only see the good bit but I can't see any good bit in that , yuk . good result but it was an inconvenience having to take it back so you were right to have a free one 👍
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Yuk, even m&s get poor quality. We had a steak pie with flakey pastry yesterday and normally very good. Cooked it and sat down to eat it and found no meat at all in it. Just gravy. Lol
Emailed them last night and got a reply today apologising with a voucher to replace it or have something else.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
That looks disgusting, YT did you not check it over before buying ? sometimes they place it in the packaging so you only see the good bit but I can't see any good bit in that , yuk . good result but it was an inconvenience having to take it back so you were right to have a free one 👍
Mrs YT bought it and didn't look properly, but said there were only 2 left (I had to get a standard one not Signature when I went back). Having said that, the other side when it was all pushed together looked a lot better, and it was only when opened up (vacuum packed) it came out like this when I turned it over.
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Looks like the wrong cut of meat was put in the packet - doesn’t look like a piece of fillet at all.
That is what I thought. I think probably the scrag end, where they cut the fillet off.
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Mrs YT bought it and didn't look properly, but said there were only 2 left (I had to get a standard one not Signature when I went back). Having said that, the other side when it was all pushed together looked a lot better, and it was only when opened up (vacuum packed) it came out like this when I turned it over.
That often happens to me , the product label sometimes covers half of the meat and I try and jiggle it around to see what is under there 😂
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Disgusting YorkshireT, absolutely not right.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Selling this as a fillet is a joke. Looks like something you would feed your pampered dog but not a human!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List