Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Nov 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Turf Club SSR - Power of the Vloggers!

Some time ago somebody on here (Maybe YT) posted a link to Pete Werner doing a review of the food here.

One of the points he made was the dessert that looked like it was a dog ≈≈≈≈ - as below!

Anyhow I spoke to the Manager a week ago and asked had he seen the video. He had and the dish was removed 5 days after it was broadcast. Power to the people.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes it was a Pete Werner special, they must hate him turning up!
Old 29 Nov 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Some time ago somebody on here (Maybe YT) posted a link to Pete Werner doing a review of the food here.

One of the points he made was the dessert that looked like it was a dog ≈≈≈≈ - as below!

Anyhow I spoke to the Manager a week ago and asked had he seen the video. He had and the dish was removed 5 days after it was broadcast. Power to the people.

I think there was a bit of chef blindness there. Loved the description
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The menu says they serve ‘airline chicken’...?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The menu says they serve ‘airline chicken’...?
I suppose it was because it was 'flying off the plates'

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

How was the food this time?
You were disappointed last trip if I remember?
Better I hope.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by salmim View Post
How was the food this time?
You were disappointed last trip if I remember?
Better I hope.
Mmm, a bit of a mixed bag really.

We have a philosophy now of trying to give Disney as little money as possible.
We ate in Disney Springs quite a bit and also offsite where we find the food better and certainly cheaper.

Onsite nothing really has changed. the Restaurants are half empty as they have been all year. The food is ok but nothing really I would call exciting.
A Disney friend of ours coined the term for their food as 'safe'. Spot on.

What annoys both of us is the lack of fish. In most places all they serve is farmed salmon. Cheap and boring plus I loathe salmon albeit my Wife loves it.

No halibut, snapper, flounder, Mahi mahi, catfish etc . All served by Disney up to 2 years ago.

We love The Wave. Lovely food and still some exciting items on the menu

The Turf Club was our go to place. We only use it the last night now as the menu is 'safe' Who the heck serves fish with the head on and full of bones!

Ale & Compass. We like the food here. Pity every time we went for an 8.30pm reservation it was a 40 min wait. We walked out each time

Sanaa. Awesome. However we mix and match our dishes and eat at/or near the bar.

Grand Floridian Cafe. Excellent. The pork chop I had there was 100 times better than the fatty tough one I had in Narcoossee's in the Summer (which I refused to pay for)

Signatures are off our radar as I refuse to pay their prices and the food although good certainly isn't worth the cost.

Edited at 10:38 AM.
Old 29 Nov 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mmm, a bit of a mixed bag really.

We have a philosophy now of trying to give Disney as little money as possible.
We ate in Disney Springs quite a bit and also offsite where we find the food better and certainly cheaper.

Onsite nothing really has changed. the Restaurants are half empty as they have been all year. The food is ok but nothing really I would call exciting.
A Disney friend of ours coined the term for their food as 'safe'. Spot on.

What annoys both of us is the lack of fish. In most places all they serve is farmed salmon. Cheap and boring plus I loathe salmon albeit my Wife loves it.

No halibut, snapper, flounder, Mahi mahi, catfish etc . All served by Disney up to 2 years ago.

We love The Wave. Lovely food and still some exciting items on the menu

The Turf Club was our go to place. We only use it the last night now as the menu is 'safe' Who the heck serves fish with the head on and full of bones!

Ale & Compass. We like the food here. Pity every time we went for an 8.30pm reservation it was a 40 min wait. We walked out each time

Sanaa. Awesome. However we mix and match our dishes and eat at/or near the bar.

Grand Floridian Cafe. Excellent. The pork chop I had there was 100 times better than the fatty tough one I had in Narcoossee's in the Summer (which I refused to pay for)

Signatures are off our radar as I refuse to pay their prices and the food although good certainly isn't worth the cost.
I am looking forward to my Wave booking in particular, as it looks very good. On your recommendation also booked the A&C but we go half five so hopefully no wait. We will see, we will not bother with it if it is a long wait and go for quick serve. I have seen some good reports on Skipper Canteen and the Chinese in Epcot recently so have booked them, and Yak and Yeti. Honestly I cannot see us doing 5 table service on site, and that will probably whittle right down. I am very much looking forward to a few offsite meals- Bahama Breeze is a must for us, the one opposite the outlet mall on Grand National was great in summer. The other will be another trusty chain such as Bonefish, Carrabbas, Longhorn or Outback.

Turf Club- was getting regular poor reviews on Tripadvisor up until summer, then it seems to have recently picked up again- probably hammered by the reviews and shook it up a bit? This is the problem, these restaurants as I have said before are up and down like a fiddler's elbow.

Edited at 11:16 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Pete is a pretty powerful man, as owned of the DIS and Dreams Unlimited Travel he can pretty much say what he wants and is very honest and Disney still throw all the perks at him. Although I think he can be slightly over critical, I always like his reviews as you get an honest point of view.

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Pete is a pretty powerful man, as owned of the DIS and Dreams Unlimited Travel he can pretty much say what he wants and is very honest and Disney still throw all the perks at him. Although I think he can be slightly over critical, I always like his reviews as you get an honest point of view.
I agree with you. Yes he does labour his points but at least that leaves a clear message.
I like him. Nice honest Guy.