Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Mar 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hillary’s blinds ?

Hi
Anyone used Hillary’s blinds ?
Or had them out to quote and decided against it for whatever reason ?

How have you found them ?
Quality ?
Price ?
Sales process ?
Aftersales support ?
Any issues ?

Would you recommend them ?

Thanks
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have never used them but twice I have done an online quote - fallen off my chair and gone to my usual local Company.

Local companies tend to be a lot cheaper and you can haggle.

I'm having vertical blinds fitted in my dining room this morning. Haggled them down in price - as usual!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we got a quote locally & one from Hillarys who to be fair came out same day to measure etc

but local company won hands down
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've got 2 blinds from Hillary's they came out gave me a quote were more expensive than 2 local companies however they obviously wanted the sale as gave me a discount and the free tape which then brought them down to a comparable price so I went with them. I'd say get a quote and barter with them depends whether they've had a slow sales month and how much they want you to buy their blinds
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Hi
Anyone used Hillary’s blinds ?
Or had them out to quote and decided against it for whatever reason ?

How have you found them ?
Quality ?
Price ?
Sales process ?
Aftersales support ?
Any issues ?

Would you recommend them ?

Thanks
I got a quote from them for window shutters rather than blinds. It was a slick sales patter, I had Thomas Sanderson quote afterwards and I could see their sample product was a much better quality and had a much longer guarantee. Hillary’s were half the price but these were for two massive windows downstairs and I am glad I have got the higher spec now.

I had got a local person in six months earlier, he put his samples case on my coffee table and ruined it and I never did receive my quote.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Not Hilarys but we had Appeal Home Shading over a couple of weeks back to help us decide what to put on six huge oak framed windows in our new house.

Decided on the style, colour etc we liked. Got the quote and a few hours later looked online and you can get self fit custom size versions of the exact same blinds for 1/4 of the price so seeing as we are not afraid of the drill, we've opted for those.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

If you are not afraid of fitting yourself then Blinds Direct are great quality and really easy to fit. Very reasonable prices too and lots of fabrics to choose from. If you order samples then they normally arrive the next working day. I have used them a lot for roller and wooden venetian blinds.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We used Hilarys ., never again ... expensive ( I know that now ) and the fitting was appalling.

When we replaced them we went with a local company who were cheaper and the quality far better .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We used Hillary’s and found them to be excellent. Vertical blinds for the conservatory fitted 15 years ago by Hillarys and we’re just now thinking of replacing them. Good quality and easy to clean. Also have all the upstairs rooms fitted with their blinds, no problems.
Old 10 Mar 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

All my blinds are Hillarys had the massive lounge and bedroom window ones for years never found them that expensive no problem with fitting either
Even gave my DIL a discount on shutters as I was paying
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List