Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I agree, until so done has the cash/mortgage or a buyer they are not proceedable therefore in the current situation I would not allow viewings unless the property is empty and certainly would not be accepting offers.

My response would be 'Thank you for your offer we will keep it under consideration until you are in a proceedable position'.

Keep the house on the market.
I’m not sure I’d go this far... my parents can’t make themselves homeless in order to view a house. They’ve sold, and if they don’t find a house before the new buyers want to move in, they will move out. But that’s only because my Nan in is a care home and unlikely to be able to go home so they can potentially to go here, otherwise they wouldn’t have anywhere.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Not viewing a house until you’ve sold is normal at the moment. My parents have been told this by 7 different estate agents.
That is unsustainable and is not what is happening around here. They do vetting to make sure you are in the process of selling, or do not have the dependency on a chain, but they do not stop serious buyers viewing houses whilst theirs is on the market.

I wouldn't be allowing an agent with that policy to sell my house, which would have a double impact as I wouldn't consider them when looking either.

If joe public is willing to let agents dictate this behaviour on them, more fool them. They work for you, not the other way around.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
That is unsustainable and is not what is happening around here. They do vetting to make sure you are in the process of selling, or do not have the dependency on a chain, but they do not stop serious buyers viewing houses whilst theirs is on the market.

I wouldn't be allowing an agent with that policy to sell my house, which would have a double impact as I wouldn't consider them when looking either.

If joe public is willing to let agents dictate this behaviour on them, more fool them. They work for you, not the other way around.
You’re lucky if you live in an area like that... but that’s the policy here.
If they won’t let you in a house, without selling you have no choice. You can’t storm into someone’s house.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 10:12 AM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Wasn't suggesting any such thing, but if you let an agent impose such restrictions on you then you are compounding the problem.

If people tell the agent they are not subscribing to that practice as a seller then they would see the lost of revenue opportunity and soon change.

If people just accept it they will impose it to make their life easier.

It will also support jobs as they will have to be out there selling.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I’m not sure I’d go this far... my parents can’t make themselves homeless in order to view a house. They’ve sold, and if they don’t find a house before the new buyers want to move in, they will move out. But that’s only because my Nan in is a care home and unlikely to be able to go home so they can potentially to go here, otherwise they wouldn’t have anywhere.
Sorry, meant having a proceedable offer rather than actually sold.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would say thanks for the offer but say you are leaving the house on the market until they are proceedable.

We had an awful experience selling our house 3 years ago with someone who had not sold when we accepted the offer. We waited as it was a very saleable property they were selling. Well what followed was 6 months of lies, telling us they had sold but not telling us there were planning issues. It ended up with them defaulting after exchange which was hugely stressful. It did get resolved in the end but was a truly horrible time.

My advice is to triple check ensure they can actually proceed with a sale before you accept an offer.
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Wasn't suggesting any such thing, but if you let an agent impose such restrictions on you then you are compounding the problem.

If people tell the agent they are not subscribing to that practice as a seller then they would see the lost of revenue opportunity and soon change.

If people just accept it they will impose it to make their life easier.

It will also support jobs as they will have to be out there selling.
I wonder if you have misunderstood? We explicitly told our agent to only send proceedable people around, cuts the time wasters especially with the current risks of letting strangers traipse around your house!

I don't really see the point in letting people who haven't sold view my house. They can't buy it? So it's just a waste of time in my opinion.

OP - thank buyers for their offer and say it's accepted subject to them selling their house, but it will continue to be marketed until that point. Puts you in a strong position for other viewers that come through the door.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 10:54 AM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
I wonder if you have misunderstood? We explicitly told our agent to only send proceedable people around, cuts the time wasters especially with the current risks of letting strangers traipse around your house!

I don't really see the point in letting people who haven't sold view my house. They can't buy it? So it's just a waste of time in my opinion.
And at the movement the as the owner you have to ensure you property is covid safe for every viewing - that entails a lot of cleaning and fogging (certainly stipulation of my agents) as they at want to one and poke around cupboards, utility area etc .You cant do that several time a day/week unless people’s are serious - well I cant so I will market mine after I have moved and its empty
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
I would say, thanks for the offer let me know when you are in a position to proceed.

It could take weeks or months, so I’d keep the house on the market in the meantime...
This is what I would do.

They are not in a position to buy your house.

Ask them if they are prepared to take a bridging loan.

With no way to pay, it isnt a solid offer. There is no way I would take it off the market.

This is the line we took when selling last year.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
When we put ours in the market a couple of years ago we had found a house we wanted but the estate agents wouldn’t even present the sellers with our offer until we had sold ours which was fair enough.
We did sell fairly quickly, our offer was accepted and then the people we were buying from took their house off the market- we couldn’t find another house we liked so had to pull ours off too. It’s such a stressful situation for everyone.

I wouldn’t accept a non proceedable offer- keep the house on the market.