Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Sep 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
If you are on the fast 800 you need to drop bread altogether.
I assisting my wife to lose weight by doing the fast 800 with her.

Bought the book, the recipe book and the low sugar diet recipe book.

We've been having either eggs, porridge or pancakes for breakfast, homemade soup for lunch and a main at tea time. We have weighed everything, no cheating whatsoever. With coffee during day bouncing somewhere between 800 and 900 cals a day.

Not hungry at all. I've lost 6kg and my wife 5kg. Tomorrow is day 21 of this 'diet'.

It's all food we already used to eat, prepared slightly differently with no sides of carbs (so no rice, no pasta, no potatoes, no flour (other than tiny bit of wholewheat in pancakes), no bread).
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I enjoy SW, as there's not much weighing and measuring etc and nothing is 'banned' - but to be honest most slimming plans work as long as you're in 'that' frame of mind.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I enjoy SW, as there's not much weighing and measuring etc and nothing is 'banned' - but to be honest most slimming plans work as long as you're in 'that' frame of mind.
So true!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
my DD has lost a 2 and a half stone recently,she got a fit bit,does her exercises every day and counts her calories,she got some great tips and recipes from tiktok,she is also a vegetarian,and very committed.
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I am in my late 50s and have had a weight problem since I was 13.

I have been at target 3 or 4 times in my lifetime and have been as much as 6 stone over in between.

I always say "if you want to know how to lose weight ask a fat person".

Before lock down I had lost over 30lbs with WW - unfortunately I found 21 of them again during. I had started buying lots of chocolate and hid it in the salad drawer until I could eat in secret.

I realised what I was doing just as WW restarted their weigh-ins so that was enough to make me stop this time, although it took 2 weeks or more without the sweet treats to subdue my cravings for them. I'm slowly chipping away at the 21lbs and then I still have a lot more to lose but I try not to think beyond each week or it gets depressing.

SW has worked for me to some extent but I have only ever got to target with WW because portion control is my downfall. My friends on the other hand are doing really well with SW.

Try and work out what would help you most and find an eating plan that suits. Also maybe find a treat without calories - for me it's Coke zero (a habit I will also need to stop - but one step at a time.)

Good luck, it's not easy but if you get into the right frame of mind you will do it.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Anyone following the keto woe
Or low carb woe check out keto Kev on Facebook he is the best to help you his forum is full of great info and recipes he also will work out your macros.
Old 28 Sep 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have been trying to follow low-carb, high-protein for the last several months. I have also increased my exercise to 30 mins to an hour / 6 days a week.

I'm losing approx. 1 - 2 pounds a week. I have found watching shows like "Supersize vs Superskinny", "My 600 lb Life", etc really helpful.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
Anyone following the keto woe
Or low carb woe check out keto Kev on Facebook he is the best to help you his forum is full of great info and recipes he also will work out your macros.
I actually gained pounds on Keto diet, as I wasnt strict enough to stay in ketosis, so just piling in fatty foods, and then naughty foods (wine, chocolate) so have gained five pounds! 😂 only recommend if you are of a strict, good willpower type of dieter.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I actually gained pounds on Keto diet, as I wasnt strict enough to stay in ketosis, so just piling in fatty foods, and then naughty foods (wine, chocolate) so have gained five pounds! 😂 only recommend if you are of a strict, good willpower type of dieter.
I agree and for me a few years ago it was easy weight loss but not sustainable.

Now no food is 'not allowed' and that's the only way to go for me.

I also hated the bad breathe that ketosis gives, many people cant smell it themselves but it can be really bad.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I don't want anyone to be offended by this but if you're an avid 'slimming worlder' who constantly loses and gains the weight back, you really need to learn about food properly.

I know I've said many times on so feel free to roll your eyes if you'd like 😂

But I was a slimming worlder for years and only lost weight (8 stone) and kept it off from learning what I was actually eating. Basically, calorie counting.

I've been around the 10 stone mark now for 2 years. I've never put on weight (unless marathon training which was muscle) because I know exactly how many calories I burn when I run.
And I'm not saying you all have to run marathons, walking burns just as many as running
For example

We have a 3 mile loop by my house
I run it, and it's 300 calories
I walk it and I burn 396 calories

Because I'm on my feet longer

I rarely drink water unless I'm training for a race (which reminds me I have the London marathon on Sunday virtually) so for the first time in months I'll grab a bottle of water instead of coke zero,

I was super strict when I was losing weight though, and struggled eating take aways, don't get me wrong I'd have them I'd just feel guilty for it. But now two years down the line I eat what I want because I run,

what I'm saying is be strict to lose weight, have a good healthy balance of exercise and healthy foods. Then when you're at target you can have the nice things more often.