Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Well I think a little update is in order 😀

We’ve had two holidays since my last proper update on here - to France and DLP with just me and the kids in late June and then we have just returned ( all 4 of us) from Salou including Port Aventura - the Salou trip was particularly poignant as DD missed out on our last trip to Salou 3 years ago when she was in hospital

I have done two little reports -non-Florida ones don’t get the same traffic , so if you are interested the links are here

DLP and France - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1135325

Salou - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1142640

We all really enjoyed both trips, and are hoping to repeat the France trip next year all 4 of us
I think what was obvious comparing the two is just how strong DW is with DD in making her keep as best she can to her eating plan . The France trip DD definitely took advantage of me and DS to limit her food intake . She couldn’t get away quite so much in Salou
Even then in Salou it’s clear just how much she will try to have as little she can get away with, even though she realises it’s still holding her ‘ life progression ‘ back

As I say in the Salou report , it’s the first time we have done half board since the disorder struck and DD repeatedly came back from the buffet with less than she was requested to get . But DW was very firm in making her return with more

Away from the hols, DD job still going well, she now has more contracted hours but some are 7am starts which aren’t great as not only does she need to be transported there , she still won’t do her win breakfast , so someone has to get up early to make it , and make sure she has it

She is looking forward more in life though . She has applied for a provisional driving licence - not quite sure with her condition as to if it will get immediately approved but we will go through the proper channels / doctor submissions etc .

Her bravery / confidence is rising all the time - going on the zip wire in France and all the rides in Salou in particular shows that side of her is coming in leaps and bounds

DS anxiety still lingers , but he did well in his GCSEs and is off today to sign up for his college place. He again needs to build up his self confidence as he needs to learn that it really is his responsibility to do the work levels required

I just desperately hope the Bury FC situation gets resolved positively as that’s mine and DS’s escapes time

Thanks a lot as usual for taking the time to read and think about us
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:09 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

As above has said, it’s nice to hear that things are moving forward for your family.
I’m sure it’s a constant battle, but sticking to your guns and doing everything you do for your kids is all we can do as parents.
Sounds like it’s in the right direction which is really great to hear. 💕

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the update, and well done to your son on his GCSE results!

Am now reading your trip report

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for your update. Your son and daughter must make you so proud.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

So pleased to hear this . Slow forward steps , you all have came a long way .
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I think of you all often so good to have this update . Your daughter seems to have done really well in Salou. Glad to hear she feels that she is confident enough to start learning to drive. Hope that happens for her. Hope your son gets into the college he chooses. All in all a good few months, and thanks for keeping us updated. My thoughts and love to you all x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks a lot guys /girls - you know how much your support means to me
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

BuryBoy am just popping in to say I am sorry about Bury FC, I know you were hoping for better news. I thought of you immediately this morning when I heard.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Good to hear things are still moving in a positive direction for your daughter. Great news about your son’s GCSE’s too, well done to him.

I love non Disney trip reports so will definitely read your reports 😀

Very bad news about Bury, I do hope they find a way to return. My (quite) local team, Newport County, suffered a similar fate but they have rebuilt and now have a good ground, team and supporters. It takes time but I’m sure Bury can do it
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

So DD made it to 21