Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 May 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
livvipivvi
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
An internal DLP document for cast members was leaked yesterday - this contained the managements thoughts that this 5000 rule did not apply to them because it was primarily based on stadium/sports gatherings and concerts. DLP will be speaking to the local government to put this theory to them in the coming days.

Still no guidelines on when they could reopen though.
That’s interesting, thank you for sharing

It makes sense...even though DLP has a lot more than 5000 visitors, they are spread out over the parks and with it being mostly outdoors 🤔. I do wonder about the parades and evening shows though, lots of people do come together for them. Maybe Disney will open, but not have the attractions where crowds congregate.

Those are my favourite things in Disney, so I’d probably prefer to hold off going for a while if that’s the plan.
August 2018 WDW - POFQ & AK
July 2020 DLP - NPB
livvipivvi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by livvipivvi View Post
That’s interesting, thank you for sharing

It makes sense...even though DLP has a lot more than 5000 visitors, they are spread out over the parks and with it being mostly outdoors 🤔. I do wonder about the parades and evening shows though, lots of people do come together for them. Maybe Disney will open, but not have the attractions where crowds congregate.

Those are my favourite things in Disney, so I’d probably prefer to hold off going for a while if that’s the plan.
Shanghai Disneyland is reopening next week without parades or fireworks - they may adopt the same model for Paris when the time comes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Dronnie
First POST

thanks for the info.

We had ours booked for 5th June so think we'll be rebooking for next year!
Dronnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d already moved mine from April to July but have today submitted for a full refund. It was expected but the children are so disappointed it makes me feel sad for them. So much has been taken away from them this year and I know it’s hard when you’re a child to see the bigger picture.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MUAlumni
Excited about Disney

Was rang by Tui today, my refund should be paid by Monday. The holiday has been cancelled but Disney have applied a cancellation fee so that will take a few days to resolve.
MUAlumni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

That will be the problem for most. I couldnt imagine a december dlp without big band beat (indoor arena so cancelled) or tree lighting cancelled or santa parade cancelled (even meet santa cancelled). Whilst it is a first world issue complaining about a holiday whilst this virus is prevalent, it is also hard earnt money that might not be best spent at disney.

Talk of buffets going means no plaza gardens or inventions. The queues are bad enough already, they would be horrific if it was table service only. No agrabah or billy bobs etc. No buffalo bills, no frozen show, no videopolis etc etc. 2m distancing in queues will be very very difficult.

Perhaps the only way will be to severely limit entrance numbers. That will be a low viability of business too.

Edited at 11:09 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MUAlumni
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MUAlumni View Post
Was rang by Tui today, my refund should be paid by Monday. The holiday has been cancelled but Disney have applied a cancellation fee so that will take a few days to resolve.
Tui have just rang to say Disney has resolved the cancellation fee and they have now refunded me, money will arrive within 4 weeks.
MUAlumni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lantern5
Helping Minnie

Refund..eventually

We booked direct with Disneyland Paris on their website. We were meant to go on 15th march ,but obviously we couldn't go as France went into lockdown.
Just to give Dibbers an idea of time scale

19th March an acknowledgment of the cancelled stay

28th April, an "invoice" stating the holiday was cancelled.

16 May. The full amount was refunded to our credit card.
Made up of 2 parts, the deposit and the rest.

It was a fair amount as it was for 4 nights at DLH and flights from Edinburgh so I do not know if that held things up, and that they would need to get money back from the airline.

Anyway we got there in the end. There were thousands of refunds etc to process and they said the delay was also due to their computers having to be over-ridden to void normal times cancellation fees.
Hopefully with France coming out of lockdown there will be more people on duty now to assist.
lantern5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List