Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Jun 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

All Star Music

What are your thoughts on this resort, looking to stay at the suites, as we are a party of four adults and need the extra space., I’m worried as always stayed at a moderate., what are the pools and food court like. I’m also interested to no if cheerleader groups etc are there in September time. Thanks for any help.
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

It's fine if you're mostly going to sleep there. The main swimming pool is very busy, I used the piano pool which was quieter. I only had 1 meal at the quick service and it was ok. The rest of my 8-night stay was spent in the parks, meals included.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkyoshi
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We loved all star. When we went one February it was quiet and food was ok. There is a McDonald’s nearby though that we walked to!
pinkyoshi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherluvsmickey
Trainee Dibber

We were at the All Stars Music last July and it was really good. We had stayed at OKW before and was a bit apprehensive about going to ASM, but it was really good. We had a family suite although there were only three of us but the second bathroom came in really handy. The family suites are in the Calypso buildings which is the closest to the food court, laundry area and all the necessities.
The pool was quite busy and right outside our door but if you are always out and about the noise won't matter. It closed at around 11pm I think so wasn't as noisy then . I would go back to ASM in a heartbeat, the buses were really good as well and it was July so fairly busy.
Hope this helps.
Cherluvsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherluvsmickey
Trainee Dibber

Missed the part about the food court lol. It was busy in July, I would head out to get our cups filled with coffee in the morning usually without a big queue. The food court has a large area towards the back with plenty of eating areas if the front part is busy. The food choices were plentiful and its all quick service. We ate a couple of times for quick breakfast there and bought some items to take for our days away. We discovered they had sandwiches around our second last day , it was standard food court fare. Service was good in there though.

We had really great mouse keeping too and had towel creations every single night.

usually came back at night to have a few drinks around the bar area too.
Cherluvsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

We've stayed at all 3 of the All-Star resorts and would have no hesitation in going back to any of them. We never found the pools too busy and there were always sun loungers available. As for the food courts, I agree with what has already been said, but would add that the take-out pizza is well worth indulging in!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

The All Stars are currently undergoing refurbishment and All Star Music is/was in the process of being refurbished. I haven't yet seen any review of the refurbished family suites yet (not sure if they are done, but haven't been tracking), but given how nice the refurbished Value rooms are in general the refurbished family suites should hopefully be just as nice!

For what it's worth I've stayed at a few Disney deluxes/equivalents and I'm still perfectly happy staying at Pop (especially the refurbished rooms)!

One other thing to perhaps consider is getting two rooms instead of a suite? Then you might have more options for accommodation. Some resorts have connecting rooms although there is no guarantee that you will get one...
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m booked into All Star Music in October! If the holiday goes ahead anyway!

This is really encouraging to read because some of the reviews are quite negative but this was the only way the trip was affordable. I’m hoping (if I go) for a refurbished room- but I will only be sleeping in it so it’s not too big a deal if I don’t get one. I’m only in a standard room so I’m sure I’ll be right at the back!

I know this year could be totally different but how did you find the buses? Were they quite regular? It would be good to know how early to be out at the bus stop for rope drop...

You can tell I’m trying to keep positive!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherluvsmickey
Trainee Dibber

Morning,
When we booked to go to ASM I had read a lot of reviews and did feel a bit unsure, but as this was for an extended family trip we decided to take the plunge. We really enjoyed it and I would go back again without hesitation. Other members of our trip were in standard rooms, one was in the rock section and one in jazz. These areas were a bit further out but not like hours away(lol). Next time we go it will be just the two of us so most likely we will be in a standard accommodation and after having seen it, I wouldn't mind at all.
The buses were very regular and go to the other All star resorts en route before the park. We didn't have any problem and used them all the time. When the parks were busy at night for coming home, sometimes they put extra buses on to cope with the demand and we got one which went to Movies only and we jumped on that then walked the short distance to Music.
The theming at Music is really great and we enjoyed it.

On the disney app it tells you the times of the buses whilst you are there and its pretty accurate.
Our room wasn't a refurbed one as i don't think they had started it in July, and you are right you are literally in your room for a short period of time. The decor was tired looking but the facilities were great. in the suite we had a small fridge, coffee making machine, microwave and 2 bathrooms. I am not a 100% sure if the standard rooms had a fridge but I could find out from our family if they had one.
if you have any other questions let me know and I will try to help. Stay positive and fingers crossed you will get the opportunity this year.