Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 May 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
As a family we have had a chat since the news of the Disney restrictions...decided we will still go (if allowed obviously) and just omit Disney... tickets already purchased so good excuse to look at next year for a return... biggest turn off for us would be constant wearing masks for nigh on 12. hours a day... and sod being at a Disney resort in your rest days being told to do the same... so a big no no for us... we will see what the situation is with U/S and see nearer the time... we will still have a great time (plenty to do taking Disney out of the equation) but hopefully without the constant of face masks... good luck all with whatever personal choice you make

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
That's for American guests only.
I did wonder that but I can’t imagine ours would be too different in all honesty

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

We too are 100% not going on our Sep trip but have the luxury of time to see if they will offer a good incentive to rebook for next year. Ideally we would like the same offer as we had this year ($300 gift card & free ddp) or better, if not we will just cancel and do something else next year as I didn’t really want to be there for the 50th celebrations.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Cancel it ? I'd love to be able to speak to someone about it, poor show from them imo to not even have their house in order for what they are doing.

Apparently they are also looking at certain hotels for the NBA as well... funny how they can open when there is a multi million dollar carrot hanging in front of them.
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post
Cancel it ? I'd love to be able to speak to someone about it, poor show from them imo to not even have their house in order for what they are doing.

Apparently they are also looking at certain hotels for the NBA as well... funny how they can open when there is a multi million dollar carrot hanging in front of them.
Oh yeah. Forgot about the NBA. That’s right. How could they justify hosting NBA n keep all the rooms for them n not for customers who already paid?!
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
For the past 72 hours it’s been a roller coaster ride. From hearing the Park is open again to Disney withdrawing dinning plan n fast passes and extra magic hours.

Has anyone contacted Disney or their travel agent to cancel since then? Or are u guys waiting to hear from Disney to confirm ?!

I’m in the position I could cancel and refund the flights right now but I also would like to hold off and see what Disney have to offer to compensate. But I also don’t want to miss the window to cancel n refund my flights by waiting too long either.
Sorry but it will probably be taken out of your hands, I can’t see the borders being open to let us into the USA or the FCO advice being lifted by the time you’re due to go
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

We rebooked from March to October but we are cancelling now. Looking to go 2022 instead so all the madness can calm down. I fear 2021 will still be lots of change, new systems being brought in that they may have always wanted to, social distancing will still be needed so limited dining and access as well as needing masks I’m sure. I just can’t be doing will it all to be honest!
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shinealight
Getting Excited

We were due to go on May 6th this year, postponed it to September. Now with this announcement (and others) we are cancelling fully, it's just not worth it for us. it's a pity as we had a $300 card and the free dining.

I had an email from them saying they will be in touch with revised offer but I have emailed the cancellation through and am waiting on a reply. Disappointed but for us it's not worth it now.
Shinealight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shinealight View Post
We were due to go on May 6th this year, postponed it to September. Now with this announcement (and others) we are cancelling fully, it's just not worth it for us. it's a pity as we had a $300 card and the free dining.

I had an email from them saying they will be in touch with revised offer but I have emailed the cancellation through and am waiting on a reply. Disappointed but for us it's not worth it now.
It really sucks. Like others, we planned to have this holiday for a long time. I know it’s not Disney’s fault. But honestly I can’t see cutting out free dinning can help to reduce the capacity? For those who’s going still gotta eat. For me, it would be the same restaurant as I pick from my dinning plan so it doesn’t actually help to reduce the capacity.

I just hope Disney would give us a clearer pic of where we stand with our booking soon. As it’s driving me crazy!
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
It really sucks. Like others, we planned to have this holiday for a long time. I know it’s not Disney’s fault. But honestly I can’t see cutting out free dinning can help to reduce the capacity? For those who’s going still gotta eat. For me, it would be the same restaurant as I pick from my dinning plan so it doesn’t actually help to reduce the capacity.

I just hope Disney would give us a clearer pic of where we stand with our booking soon. As it’s driving me crazy!
It must be incredibly frustrating especially when your holiday is so close.

My guess is, with the current ADRs they already have, that would take them well over the number of bodies they will be able to get into restaurants which is a huge litigation risk.

So they’ve cancelled the lot as a precaution. Then it’s unfair across the board but can’t later be accused of continuing to operate knowing they would be Potentially breaking social distancing rules (and sued).

It sucks all round but I can kind of understand why they might have done it.