Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 May 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Homewood suites instead of Disney

So we are booked in with Disney for POR for 10 nights on the 5th of August. Whilst waiting to see whats going on next week I just dont see how staying onsite will be worth it for us especially as no DDP and no photopass etc etc. We've decided to just do Universal and other stuff as we've got universal hotel and tickets booked for the following 4 nights. I originally looked at Aventura and Cabana Bay but found Homewood suites to be roughly the same distance and breakfast and buffet nights included. Quite happy with cheap and cheerful as hopefully will go back to Disney in 2022. Also it was free cancellation and no fee booking.
This all depends on if we can fly obviously, I'd much prefer to just cancel it all but we would lose out on flights paid in full.
Anyone stayed here? Have I made the right choice?
Thanks
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer42
New Poster (2)

We've booked Homewood Suites for December 2020 after it being recommended by family. It's in a great location, next to good food options and family who've stayed there said it was great! Perfect for saving a bit of money on theme park food too as the rooms have kitchens so able to do some lunches to go. We've booked flights and hotel but are now stuck without Disney tickets after the UK Ultimate tickets were all taken off sale yesterday. It's certainly a frustrating time. I have faith in your choice of hotel. No idea about flights/travel bans/face masks/ect...
DisneyDreamer42 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer42 View Post
We've booked Homewood Suites for December 2020 after it being recommended by family. It's in a great location, next to good food options and family who've stayed there said it was great! Perfect for saving a bit of money on theme park food too as the rooms have kitchens so able to do some lunches to go. We've booked flights and hotel but are now stuck without Disney tickets after the UK Ultimate tickets were all taken off sale yesterday. It's certainly a frustrating time. I have faith in your choice of hotel. No idea about flights/travel bans/face masks/ect...
Thank you 👍
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have stayed in the Homewood Suites on I Drive and the Homewood Suites round from Seaworld. I think they offer great value for money and we have always found them to be immaculately clean. Both that I have mentioned have numerous eating options near by and of course the free brekkie can’t be knocked either. They had managers drinks and nibbles on week nights too. The only downside I would say is they have very small pools in relation to the size of the property but if you are out and about this wouldn’t cause any major issues. Enjoy!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

I have been looking at Homewood Suites and others like it. I found Staybridge Suites which looks walking distance to few shops and restaurants and close to everything car / Uber. Continuing to do my research !
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I've been researching places like this and it always seems to get favourable reviews. Not sure about the pool though, looks quite small.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve stayed here and it was very nice! Comfy rooms with a nice sitting area and kitchen:
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Now that I'm looking at it Universal potentially would not let us in due to capacity, I'm wondering whether to change it to cabana bay. We wouldn't get breakfast but at least we would know we could get into the parks? It's around £200 more, what does everyone think? X X
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer42
New Poster (2)

£200 more total or £200 more per night? If it was £200 total and if you're guaranteed to get Universal tickets with the hotel booking I'd definitely say stay on Universal property. I'm thinking that when they re-open the boarders and Orlando knows that they'll be expecting international guests again, the ticketing systems will have to change. Imagine, families travelling from Europe, rocking up to Orlando for 10 days of theme parks and sunshine and not being able to get any park tickets?.
DisneyDreamer42 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Buttercup1982 View Post
I originally looked at Aventura and Cabana Bay but found Homewood suites to be roughly the same distance and breakfast and buffet nights included.
I've stayed at the Homewood Suites on I Drive but I assume you're talking about a different Homewood Suites? The one I stayed at is nearish Pointe Orlando in the southern half of I Drive and it isn't particularly close to Universal like the onsite hotels are.

The one we stayed at was a good hotel, friendly staff and rooms were comfortable. Plus they are suites, so you get an extra living room in addition to the bedroom. I'd happily stay there again.

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer42 View Post
£200 more total or £200 more per night?
I doubt it's £200 more per night. I don't think Cabana Bay costs £200 per night to begin with (I hope not!). More like half that.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:02 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List