Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 2 Jan 09, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Shop 'til we drop in London ~ Day 2

Thought i'd finish off my Mini trippie from my London shopping trip in November. However rather than bore you with all the details of where we went as we covered quite a few places this day, i'll just post my photos for you to look at.

Really need to get around to finishing my Florida trippie too

Day 2

We woke up about half past 8 today then we could go for breakfast and have a full day around London. The breakfast in the hotel was ok but nothing special, just enough to keep us going for a few hours. One thing i did find peculiar was that they had fish on at breakfast! Not something i'd personally put on a plate alongside bacon and eggs but there you go

After breakfast we checked out of our room and left out luggage in the luggage room at a cost of 50p. Was well worth it then we didn't need to take everything out with us. Then we set out to cover as much as we could with the time we had:

If you look closely at this the ribbon says: "No minute comes ever back again. Take heed and see ye nothing do in vain." I thought it was a lovely thought to consider.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 09, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

I love the effect i got on this photo and it was by accident due to the sun shining on my lens

Old 2 Jan 09, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post

As close as you can get to Downing Street. It's a shame when you think years ago you would have been able to go down here.

I had to take a photo of the old telephone box

After this last photo we walked all the way back to our hotel, where we collected our luggage and then headed for the train station. We got the train at 19:45 and arrived back into our town just after 22:00. We were both so tired but said we'd definately do it again!
Old 3 Jan 09, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely photos, thanks for taking the time to post them.
Old 3 Jan 09, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Great photos, looks like you had a fab time! DD and I love going on a London weekend, we're going again July, and seeing Take That at Wembley and also hoping to see Gareth Gates in Joseph - can't wait! Thanks for posting.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 09, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah & Andy
Imagineer

Lovely photos and looks like you had a fab time.

Thanks for doing the trippie

Sarah
x

June 2007 - POR, Oct & Nov 08 - Three weeks of POR, Feb 2011 - Winners of Money can't buy VIP competition Grand Floridian, Aug 2011 - 3 weeks AKL CL & POR, Aug 2012 3 weeks POR, Aug 2013 AK CL, Disney Dream & POR, Aug 2015 SSR and engaged, Aug 2016 Disney Magic, Aug 2017 AKL CL and OKW and our Disney Wedding
Sarah & Andy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 09, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone! I've put my Index in my signature incase you missed Day 1

Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
Great photos, looks like you had a fab time! DD and I love going on a London weekend, we're going again July, and seeing Take That at Wembley and also hoping to see Gareth Gates in Joseph - can't wait! Thanks for posting.
This is the first time i'd been to London properly as i'd been before but on a day trip and we didn't get anything done. However with us staying over night in November it gave us alot more time to do what we want. We said we'll definately do it again, but next time i think i'd like to stay for 2 nights then we have a full day there and maybe catch a show one of the nights
Old 27 Apr 09, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Brill pictures and a great report
Old 29 Jul 09, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for posting the great photos!

I've never been to London, other than to Heathrow airport! Your TR and photos have inspired me to have a little trip there this Christmas
Old 29 Jul 09, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by helengiles View Post
Brill pictures and a great report
Thanks

Originally Posted by tinkerbell1986 View Post
Thanks for posting the great photos!

I've never been to London, other than to Heathrow airport! Your TR and photos have inspired me to have a little trip there this Christmas
Thanks i'm sure you'll have a great time. There's still loads i've not seen in London but we went to shop and that's exactly what we did