Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Dec 09, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
motty1969
Imagineer

motty1969's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
I found a firm

Arrete Sa S'il Vous Plait

helped

i just hope it means , stop that like i was told
yep that is what it means, I know a few naughty swear words, but don't tend to use them. Tell them where to go politely, and they look at you like you have two heads cos you speak the lingo!
motty1969 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 09, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Sorry you had a couple of bad experiences, I'm glad you didn't let it ruin the holiday obverll! As already pointed out, although the prices for beer are high, its even higher at the moment becuiase of the exchange rate. Try heading into King Kudwigs in happy hour, you by one ber and get one free!
Don't drink beer myself but it kept the gents I was with happy...
Tip on cocktails, they tend to be cheaper in the cheaper hotels, so Santa fe and Cheyenne. Hope that helps!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 09, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katie C View Post
Sorry you had a couple of bad experiences, I'm glad you didn't let it ruin the holiday obverll! As already pointed out, although the prices for beer are high, its even higher at the moment becuiase of the exchange rate. Try heading into King Kudwigs in happy hour, you by one ber and get one free!
Don't drink beer myself but it kept the gents I was with happy...
Tip on cocktails, they tend to be cheaper in the cheaper hotels, so Santa fe and Cheyenne. Hope that helps!
Our visit this year ( the free one) was wonderful, the queues were managable and the staff were great, my youngest daughter (5) was at a better age for the rides than the previous 2 visits, although after our 14th go on Big Thunder Mountain my wife was wishing otherwise.

We went to King Ludwigs at Happy hour , although they were surprised when we wanted to use the bogof for both of us, i.e. pay for a beer for me and use the free one for my wife. Tight Scots that we are
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 09, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I like DLP and will return at some point (when we can fit it in) but i think its always been expensive.

We last went 2 years ago when the exchange rate was pretty decent.. 1.30ish and even then the merchandise and food was expensive..We probably spent more in 3 nights on food than we do in a week in Orlando. But then France in general is expensive so i wasnt expecting DLP to be cheap.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 09, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave+Hel
slightly serious Dibber

Dave+Hel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by motty1969 View Post
Hi it's very expensive over there, we paid 6 euros for a pint in The Santa Fe, but at least it was decent, Kronenbourg! The French are very rude, but you just treat them like they do you, it's all you can do!
I have found the french staff nothing but helpful and polite all 3 times that I have gone
Dave+Hel is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 09, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mr&mrslightyear
Imagineer

mr&mrslightyear's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Try C'est notre tour maintenant, attendez s'il vous plaît. It says it is our turn now, please wait.
Posted via Mobile Device
mr&mrslightyear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 09, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

I agree if you can use some French or other language it goes a long way. Yes things are expensive but it is all relative. You pay more in this country for being captive audience, some places it can be £3 or £4 a pint for instance. France is very expensive anyway even without exchange rate being so bad, so you are going to pay more, €7 is about is a bit steep but you are captive audience.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 09, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stteb1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dazr32 View Post
Hello people
Just back from dlp last night, dont get me wrong i did really enjoy myself with my family and friends as thats what it is all about, i have got to say though that we were charged 15euros for 2 pints of kronenbourg in seqioua lodge. now dont get me wrong i am not a skinflint but that is simply taking the p**s. how can they justify those sort of prices! . to top that are we just too polite as i felt we were barged around a bit by europeans who because they dont understand your language think they can just barge past you all the time. my son was putting the luggage in the holding area yesterday morning when an italian just pushed past him, well i saw my a**e and confronted him, to be fair once he realised he was in the wrong he apologised to my son, there is just no need for rudeness.

thanks rant over...

Daz
Daz (agree with you 110%)
Been 3 times to DLP and to be honest will not be back in a hurry for the same reasons you mention, as for prices well we all know about the the £/euro, others have mentioned the £/$ rate, how can you complain about $3 for a pitcher (yeah a pitcher) of beer, bottom line is, you are far better off in the good ole US of A (prices, food, shopping, service, people.. etc)
stteb1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 09, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
motty1969
Imagineer

motty1969's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dave+Hel View Post
I have found the french staff nothing but helpful and polite all 3 times that I have gone
The staff were fantastic, it's the people on holiday like ourselves that are the problem!
motty1969 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 10, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

We found pretty much the same, we took our son when he was about 2.

We found the staff rude,as if they don't want you to be there, it was expensive all over, the atmosphere is just not the same as in Orlando, had we not been to Orlando before this trip i dare say based on this experience it probably would have put us off going.

We will never return to DLP, they could have chosen a better European location.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread