Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 10, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cherie_xx
Excited about Disney

Where can you save money?

I want to book a 4 night-5 day stay at DLP for 2010, not sure when but definitely after Easter. Planning a trip for 2 adults, so we're incredibly flexible.

Where can you make substitutes on things for cheaper alternatives to save money?

Disney hotels? Non Disney hotels? Staying on site or in the city of Paris?

Flight or Eurostar? What's quicker, easier to do, cheaper?

Do we need 5 days? Do you get an early flight/train on day one and go to the parks as soon as you get there to fit in more park time?

Is it worth having one extra day to go to the city of Paris, especially for a couple?
♥ DLP Dec 2017 & March 2018 - Hotel L'Elysee & June 2018 - Hotel Santa Fe
cherie_xx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 10, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do you want the handiness and character interaction etc of a Disney hotel?

Where are you based for flights vs Eurostar? If you're going off peak, I wouldn't think you'd need 5 days as a couple, but are you planning to queue to meet the characters?
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 10, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

One thing to save on is food which is very expensive @DLP. We took a bunch of food with us and made sandwiches etc for dinner on a couple of nights.

Take rolls etc from breakfast to have with you for lunch.
Old 11 Jan 10, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cherie_xx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Do you want the handiness and character interaction etc of a Disney hotel?

Where are you based for flights vs Eurostar? If you're going off peak, I wouldn't think you'd need 5 days as a couple, but are you planning to queue to meet the characters?
We're based in Norwich, it has an airport - not sure if it goes to France though. Also, two hours from central London on the train which is fairly cheap as well - could stay in London the night before an early Eurostar train?

Thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
One thing to save on is food which is very expensive @DLP. We took a bunch of food with us and made sandwiches etc for dinner on a couple of nights.

Take rolls etc from breakfast to have with you for lunch.
Thanks for those tips!
♥ DLP Dec 2017 & March 2018 - Hotel L'Elysee & June 2018 - Hotel Santa Fe
cherie_xx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 10, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If possible, get the direct train to DLP. They don't run every day, and there is only one train each way - but it is so much easier. You come out right outside the park entrance, and 10 mins walk (or a quick bus) to your hotel.

Don't book travel through Disney's site though. Book hotel through Disney (if staying onsite) as you'll get the best deals, and it includes tickets and breakfast.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 10, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by cherie_xx View Post
I want to book a 4 night-5 day stay at DLP for 2010, not sure when but definitely after Easter. Planning a trip for 2 adults, so we're incredibly flexible.

Where can you make substitutes on things for cheaper alternatives to save money?

Disney hotels? Non Disney hotels? Staying on site or in the city of Paris?

Flight or Eurostar? What's quicker, easier to do, cheaper?

Do we need 5 days? Do you get an early flight/train on day one and go to the parks as soon as you get there to fit in more park time?

Is it worth having one extra day to go to the city of Paris, especially for a couple?
Flown once.. never again.. to much time wasted at the airports and waiting for tranfers etc. Used the Eurostar 3 times from Ashford and thats what we will do next time. I think the Eurostar gets in about 1pm and we go straight into the parks.

We stop in the Disney hotels.. have stopped at Santa Fe (the cheapest) , its ok, clean etc but not really my cup of tea but i would prefer stopping there to say off site. Normally we stop at Sequioa or Newport Bay.

Paris.. as in the city itself is very expensive and you would need to get the train to DLP everyday.

I have been 4 times now and we have had 2/3/4 night stays, personally i think thats plenty, 3 nights is fine really specially if you go on the eurostar as u get the whole of the last day there.

Food is expensive(the exchange rate doesnt help) but unfortunatly there is not a great deal you can do about that, by far the worst meal i have had at DLP was the most expensive and that was at the Rainforest Cafe.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 10, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My advice for saving a bit of cash would be to stay at one of the associated hotels such as the Circus or Disney Kyriad Hotel. They both have shuttle buses and then buy your park passes from Disney online, you are then buying the park passes for the days you want. As if you book a 3 night stay onsite you are also getting a 4 day pass included but you may not want 4 days, (if that makes sense).

Another idea for hotels is around the Val d Europe area, nice local restaurants for the evening and a large shopping mall for other bits and pieces you may want, some of these hotels even have free shuttle buses.

Another food tip would be to go the sandwich shop in the train station, good sarnies at a snip at the price in the parks.

However you do it you will have a fab time, just don't compare it to Florida and enjoy.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 10, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I recommend Explorers hotel through Disney. Book travel seperate with Eurostar because Disney have no garerntee that you will be sat together. I have heard of many kids who have had to sit alone on the Eurostar.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 10, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

We went for Christmas this year, and I can highly recommend the Dream Castle Hotel. It has a free shuttle to the park entrance (we loved not being stuck in the farthest corner of the car park, and not having to go on those long and tedious walkways!) which takes 3 mins, and runs every 20 mins from about 6am thru to midnight.

The room also included an amazing free breakfast which we filled up on, and we didnt need to eat again until the evening. It is situaded next to the explorers and magic circus hotel, and is literally just past the disney hotels, so is practically onsite.

We went by car on the eurotunnel, however by the time you have paid petrol and tolls, we realised in hindsight it would have been cheaper to go on the eurostar, which is what we will do next time for sure!
Old 18 Jan 10, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread