Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 10, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Disneyland Paris first trip!

Have just booked for Me, my DD (9), my niece and a friend to go to Disneyland Paris for 3 days in March.
My friend has been before, but the rest of us haven't.
Has anyone got any must dos or tips?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 10, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I would read some of the trip reports to pick up hints and tips - we learned loads doing this!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 10, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Buy or borrow the Brits guide to Paris as well, I think the new edition gets published next year- it has loads of good tips. Have fun planning!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 10, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

didn't know they did a brits guide, i have had Disney world one's. will get one they are great... thanks
Old 12 Jan 10, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post

I managed to buy the brits guide to disneyland paris and it helped alot.

I have only been to the Paris one twice, but I can say is that it is good to get around as it is smaller to walk round; but still has the same attractions as wdw.

All of it is great, however; remember some of the rides are different to how they are in florida. For example; near the bottom of sleeping beauty's castle (that is what the paris one is named after; unlike cinderella in florida), you can walk through it and see the dragon aka malificent (audio-autronmics style) sleeping.
Old 12 Jan 10, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lindylou2_2002
Imagineer

lindylou2_2002's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Where are you staying are you on dining plan? ]
Have probably been upwards of 20 times so anything you want to know just ask x

Sept 2001 Westridge,
Sept 2004 Hampton Lakes,
May 2006 West Stonebridge
Aug 2009 Silver Creek
July30-Aug7 2010 DCL Med Repo Cruise
Aug 2011 DLC Magic Med Cruise
Aug 2012 New York trip + a little DCL Disney MAGIC
August 2013 Villa plus cruise
Oct 2013 Reimagined Magic 5 day cruise
DLP Too many visits to count.
lindylou2_2002 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 10, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The new Brit Guide is due out in February - might be worth pre-ordering rather than buying a current edition.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 10, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
motty1969
Imagineer

motty1969's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
don't listen to people telling you "Oh it's not Florida". we got it a few times before we went, and people saying it was rubbish, but it's really good. We really enjoyed it, and some of it is similar to the parks in Orlando, but we love all of them. Have a great time.
motty1969 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 10, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Go with an open mind is my best advice. I had only been to Florida before but was taken to DLP in October and have a great 5 days/4 nights stay - both the parks are excellent, and if the weather is good then you'll have a great time. Yes, there's a bit of French, but it's in France after all! Bon voyage!
Old 12 Jan 10, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I took myself and my 9 year old son last January. We had a great time. The one thing I would say is that it was absolutely freezing. A number of people on here had warned me and I bought us both thermals and was extremely glad of them. Hopefully it will not be as cold in March but I would not expect much warmth either. We stayed in the Disneyland Hotel (it was a special offer and much cheaper than usual) it was great and very handy. We took the train one day to the aquarium, but were not very impressed as it is quite small. We ate at the rainforest cafe and my son absolutely loved that. Having been to Florida and Paris a number of times I found it the perfect short break. It is a lovely Disney fix with no where near as much walking! Make sure you see the dragon under the castle as it is brilliant. You take the path to the left of the castle and there is an entrance there. He roars and breathes smoke and is very impressive.
Closed Thread