Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Grand Cayman - November 2012, Day 5

Day 5 – 28th November 2012

I had been looking forward to today for a long time. I had a Rays, Reefs & Rum Point tour booked which consisted of a boat trip to Stingray City, Snorkeling time and lunch at Rum Pint. We were picked up from the condo at 9.25am and driven to the area that our boat was docked in. It was just us, an American couple from South Florida (off one of the cruise boats) and a young Spanish man on the tour. It took us about 15 minutes to reach stingray city passing some absolutely beautiful houses on the way.

I don’t have many photos of this as we were both in the water for most of the time and I didn't want to risk my camera. It was absolutely amazing. The stingrays come right up to you, even before you have any food for them. They are absolutely beautiful and I loved every second of swimming with them in their natural environment.

Far too soon we were having to move on to our snorkeling spot. Before the trip I was very apprehensive about this. I’m a very confident swimmer but not too keen on ocean swimming. I was fine with the Stingrays as I could touch the bottom but wasn’t too sure if I would get in the water to snorkel. Well I surprised myself! My confidence had grown while we were in with the stingrays, I just got my flippers and mask on and went for it. It was fabulous! The fish were beautiful, everywhere we looked there were different things to see and again I was sorry to have to come out at the end of our time. We made one more stop before lunch to dive for some starfish but I couldn’t spot any Luckily our guide was more gifted and managed to find 3!

Our final destination was Rum Point for lunch, we pre ordered form the boat and so the food was ready when we arrived. We both had the Chicken Tenders with Honey & Mustard dip. The food was good but it was served with Ice Tea which I hated. Aaron treated us to a mudslide but at $14 dollars it was the only one we had. We sat with the American family and got onto the subject of Disney (they did live in Florida after all even though they were a 2.5hr drive away!). They were then asking us all about our politics and NHS which proved for some interesting conversation. Let’s just say, after hearing a couple of stories from them about friends who will be paying off medical debts for the rest of their life, I will probably never moan about the NHS again!

After having about an hours relaxation time at Rum Point we were taken back to where we got on the boat and given a lift back to our condo. It had been a fabulous trip and I would recommend it to anyone cruising into Grand Cayman for the day. It cost us $130 US dollars inc a $10 tip for our guide who was lovely.

Back at the condo we played tennis again before getting ready and heading out for dinner. The restaurant choice this evening was the Lonestar Grill, a tex mex style restaurant with a live band. It was a really nice place to eat. We started with some BBQ wings to share.

We both then had the same main meal, BBQ Chicken & Pulled Pork Combo. I had mine with a sour cream filled jacket and Aaron had mash and they both came with cornbread. We also had an order of onion rings.

The food was delicious, Aarons favourite of the whole holiday. The bill came to $80.00 which included a juice and a beer.

After dinner we walked up towards the frozen yogurt place as I had been craving another pot but we got there just after 10pm and it had closed . We walked back to the condo and after watching a bit of Hangover 2 we went to bed.

Edited at 10:07 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 13, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post

another nice day xx i see what you mean about the houses amazing xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 13, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a wonderful day

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 13, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 13, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Great day! The tour looked really good fun. Shame the frozen yoghurt place was shut, boo!
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List